Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Javascript logging WebApplication

Level 2

Hi

I am new to Campaign and needed some help

1. Our webapplication has a script Action in it.  Within the Script Action there are multiple  logInfo function calls.  The webapplication is working fine but i do not see these LogInfo call logged anywhere.  I tried looking into the Audit section of the webapplication but nothing is logged there. 

2. Are the general log files which Campaign generates. Are they on the file server somewhere?

Thanks

akshay

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Akshay,

The logInfo() logError() messages of webApps and reports are written in the web.log file on the server where the webApps or reports are executed.

On standalone architecture, so you can see it by using the ACC user interface Home>Monitoring>section of Process logs the web.log link.

On standard architecture, the web server is on the MTA so you must connect to it to display the errors.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

Hi Jean-Serge Biron

The logInfo no longer logs any thing under  Monitoring> Process List > web@default.

Any suggestion what could have gone wrong. It used to work before

thanks

akshay

Level 10

Hi akshay,

Do you mean nothing at all ? the web.log file is totally empty ?
Or the web.log file is not mentioned/service not started?
or the web.log file exists, but it appears empty because you selected an old date and the log rotation has switched to the web_2.log file ? Then after a size limit it is over, the old lines are erased.

So please confirm the date selected from/to, check if you didn't type a char in the filter at the top right of the page, etc.
Or use direct access server to check log files.

Regards
J-Serge

Community Advisor

Hi,

Check the web module log, in Linux /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/default/log/web.log.

Also available under the Monitoring tab of the home screen, default@web.

Thanks,

-Jon