Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Web Form - Input Validation - Change Default Field Names Shown

Level 3

Hey all, 

Having a great time figuring out web forms - battled my way through the setup, post-submission code execution and now have gotten a lovely, useable, mobile-responsive landing page ready for use. 

My finalquestion is if there is a way to change the default error messages that show up during form input validation. To be specific, it's what you can see in the screenshot, the nice red box that pops up with "Field X is mandatory". 

Is anyone aware of if this is able to be named something else? Or am I going to have to look at making a fake field which writes to a ctx variable or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Never mind, answered my own question! 

Using the "data-nl-label" value changes what is displayed in the validation box, as long as you have the "bindto" value set to another field. 

This also seems to work for a service opt in style field too. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Never mind, answered my own question! 

Using the "data-nl-label" value changes what is displayed in the validation box, as long as you have the "bindto" value set to another field. 

This also seems to work for a service opt in style field too.