Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Using workflow temporal table in post-processing workflow

Level 5

Hello, i would like to use in the post-processing workflow of a delivery the temporal table generated here, in the previous activity of the delivery: 

Heku__0-1697806423471.png

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you in advance.

Héctor

@Manoj_Kumar_ @ParthaSarathy @Parvesh_Parmar @DavidKangni 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ ,

Use enrichment activity before your delivery activity. 

Enrichment > Add data > Data linked to the filtering dimension > Data of the filtering dimension > (in Left) You can find the available fields of the temporary table generated in the previous activity of your delivery.

Temporary table before Delivery:

ParthaSarathy_0-1697807694148.png

In Enrichment:

ParthaSarathy_1-1697807733740.png

Level 5

Hello @ParthaSarathy, thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the post-processing workflow from the external account linked to the delivery.

Community Advisor

Hello @Heku_ ,

i can think of two common ways how to do it:

• With JS activity where you can queryDef entire population (if it is over 10k then might do skip to the other way below or while loop the population save it in vars. with JSON.stringify() and then read down the stream by JSON.parse() to make it array again and do postprocessing )
  • Fork your target and then after delivery feed it with the delivery to and join where you select the fork as primary target then do post processing

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1697825512690.png

Marcel Szimonisz

Level 5

Hello @Marcel_Szimonisz , thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the post-processing workflow from the external account linked to the delivery.

Community Advisor

Hello @Heku_ ,

you can try to save the population before delivery to the instance.vars. with use of xtkQueryDef (last one that cretas json array)  and with JSON.stringify the result. In the post processing try to read that instance.vars and convert it back to JSON array and do something. 

Marcel

Level 5

You can't use instance.vars. it's a post-processing workflow from a esternal account, it works with a signal.

Community Advisor

Post processing for external account happens  inside adobe campaign by runing of another technical workflow. It would be worth try that and see if the instance variable could be fetched there.. if you send signal with javascript you can send your instance vars in  <variables/> argument.

Marcel 

Level 5

The signal is sent by the external account, how do I fill that <variables/> argument?

Community Advisor

Hello @Heku_ .

with post event jsapi function

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/developer/campaign-api/api/sm-workflow-PostEvent.html?hl=posteven...

NLWS.xtkWorkflow.PostEvent("wkf", "signal", "", <variables varName= {vars.name} />, false);

Level 5

I can't do that, the delivery executes automatically the external signal

Level 5

Thanks for the copypaste, you didn't even read the question