Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Updating Recipients table from a Data Loading File/Enrichment

Level 2

Hello All,

A quick set up for this question; Our Content/Marketing team were looking for a way to use a file in Coda and have our instance of Campaign send an automated message once a "box" was checked.  Our initial thought was to use Webhooks and link the necessary URL/Event to accomplish this, but after review this with Adobe Support I was told that Webhooks isn't supported with our instance of ACC v7.

So, as we are all reviewing on what the teams would like to accomplish I've been testing with a Data Loading Activity (using a CSV file with my test emails) that runs through an Enrichment Activity then to Update Data node.  I've been testing with the CSV file that has the headers of EmailAddress, Text1, and Text2 with the contents of each header being the recipients email (which is in our recipients table), "yes" for Text1 (which is an empty @text1 field in the recipients table for that recipient that I would like to update) and "no" for Text2 (@text2 in the recipients table for that recipient which is empty and would like to update).

The issue I'm running into is that when I set up the Update Data Activity it's updating both fields as per my input of destination and source expression.  I can't use a Split (to filter) the Text1 and Text2 fields as those are empty in the recipients table, but is it possible to have the Update Data Activity "read" the file and only update the appropriate destination if it's either "yes" or "no"?

As mentioned I'm just testing this to see what I can offer as an option to our other teams.  Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Shaun

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Shaun!

I'd probably just put a split on the workflow after your data loading activity. While setting up the query targeting/filtering dimensions, just swap it to use the temporary schema from the data loading activity, and then you'll have access to all the columns from your file to filter on.

ALangridge_0-1723165023681.png
You'd end up with something like

ALangridge_1-1723165114577.png

If I'm missing something in your setup requirements and this is super off the mark, just let me know!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Shaun!

I'd probably just put a split on the workflow after your data loading activity. While setting up the query targeting/filtering dimensions, just swap it to use the temporary schema from the data loading activity, and then you'll have access to all the columns from your file to filter on.

ALangridge_0-1723165023681.png
You'd end up with something like

ALangridge_1-1723165114577.png

If I'm missing something in your setup requirements and this is super off the mark, just let me know!

Level 2

Hi @ALangridge -

This solution worked for me and what I was trying to accomplish, thank you!

@ParthaSarathy -

Thank you for your response as well, this will also work.

Appreciate everyone!

Shaun

Community Advisor

Hi @shaunhill ,

You can utilize 'taken into account if' feature in update data activity.

ParthaSarathy_1-1723188046039.png

In the above example, If the schema field's firstName is Yes, then the value for firstName in table will get update with First_Name from the file. Similarly, If the schema field's Lastname is No, then the value for lastName in table will get update with Last_Name from the file.

Basically, if the condition specified in 'Taken into account if' is TRUE, then the row will get inserted / Updated.