Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

typology/affinity how to implement?

Level 5

Recently we had an issue with SMS deliveries, and support told us this (see below), how should be this implemented? 

Further investigation on delivery "stalling". It appears Campaign has container #1 set up for "sms" affinity in the delivery but many of your SMS deliveries have no default typology or affinity, so they default to "default" which sends the SMS traffic to 2nd and 3rd "email only" containers.

Usually, we advise customers to keep email and sms separate and this is driven by the typology/affinity. I've attached a .txt.gz that shows all the SMS deliveries that don't have an EXPLICIT "sms' typology/affinity assigned and could be problematic.

Is this something support does, or we can do on our end? Yes, I've implemented typology rules before, just don't understand the affinity part.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz,

I have seen this earlier as well. Adobe is right with this suggestion to try and confine SMS deliveries to be sent from a single container only.

To add an affinity for SMS, you need to update the instance config file of the container from which you wish to send your SMS deliveries by adding an affinity name to the IPAffinity tag of your mta process

<mta autoStart="true">
    <child>
      <smtp>
        <IPAffinity name="sms">
        </IPAffinity>
      </smtp>
    </child>
  </mta>

I have removed other elements/values to mask information, but you need to simply add the above attribute with value as "sms" (you can name it anything).

Second, you need to create a new typology for SMS deliveries, and in that typology add this affinity name in the affinity section.

isahore_0-1704450433905.png

You should be all set after you restart all services.

If you are hosted by Adobe, then raise a support ticket with them asking to add the affinity to the container's instance config file.

Regards,

Ishan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz,

I have seen this earlier as well. Adobe is right with this suggestion to try and confine SMS deliveries to be sent from a single container only.

To add an affinity for SMS, you need to update the instance config file of the container from which you wish to send your SMS deliveries by adding an affinity name to the IPAffinity tag of your mta process

<mta autoStart="true">
    <child>
      <smtp>
        <IPAffinity name="sms">
        </IPAffinity>
      </smtp>
    </child>
  </mta>

I have removed other elements/values to mask information, but you need to simply add the above attribute with value as "sms" (you can name it anything).

Second, you need to create a new typology for SMS deliveries, and in that typology add this affinity name in the affinity section.

isahore_0-1704450433905.png

You should be all set after you restart all services.

If you are hosted by Adobe, then raise a support ticket with them asking to add the affinity to the container's instance config file.

Regards,

Ishan