Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Transactional Email Reporting (Message Center V8)

Level 4
Hello,

We are on V8 and are implementing Transactional Emails through the Message Center (so Campaign Classic based configuration options).

I'm curious how others approach these situations, please let me know what you think:

1. Reporting on deliverability and engagement -- essentially, the finance team is asking about invoice emails, did Customer X receive and open the email? Things like that. Do you reference this information in the instance of campaign? Export the RT tracking and broadlogs and ingest it into something like PowerBI? Or do you query the database with an API to capture that data outside of system? If so, can you help me with identifying which SOAP call that is?
  • Related question, are you able to get these metrics from your PRD instance in the RT schema tables or do you have to access the RT instance directly? We're having a back and forth with support on this as data was writing to our actual instance and then stopped, and support can still see the data in the RT instance.

2. Answering the question -- 'when was it sent and what did it contain?' The first part of the question is easy, but the second part I'm not so sure about. How can we see the contents of a transactional email that was sent via message center? Is there anything in system that I can use? Or do we need to hold onto the Payload from the initial RT Event call and reference it off system?

• Also noting that in the Message Center Transactional Message History it looks like i have the option to see the content of archived events but it does not actually load so that might just be a separate issue

3. Resending emails. If someone requests an email to be resent, are you retriggering the SOAP call again? Or are you able to do so directly in system?

The documentation that I've seen doesn't really address these aspects, but I'm good at missing things so if there is something handy you can point me to please do. I think that likely we'll need to handle these off system, but curious others' approach. 

I appreciate everyone's insights and information -- I know i put a lot of different questions in there.

Thank you!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @robertc66522596 ,

Reporting on deliverability and engagement: To track deliverability and engagement metrics for transactional emails in Adobe Campaign Classic, you can use the tracking data available in the broadlogs and tracking logs. You can export this data and ingest it into external analytics tools like PowerBI to create custom reports and analyze the engagement metrics. The RT tracking logs contain information about delivery status, opens, clicks, etc.

To capture this data outside of the system using an API, you can use the SOAP API method xtk:queryDef to query the broadlogs and tracking logs. You can construct a query to retrieve the required metrics based on your specific reporting needs.

Regarding accessing the data in your PRD instance or RT instance, typically the tracking data is available in the production (PRD) instance's RT schema tables. However, if there is an issue with data not being written to the PRD instance but still visible in the RT instance, it's worth investigating with Adobe support to ensure proper data synchronization and availability in your PROD instance.

Answering the question - 'when was it sent and what did it contain?': To determine when a transactional email was sent, you can refer to the delivery logs or tracking logs, which contain timestamps for the delivery events. The delivery logs provide information about when the email was sent, whereas the tracking logs can give you insights into when it was opened and clicked.

Regarding the content of a transactional email that was sent via the Message Center, there isn't a built-in feature within Adobe Campaign Classic to retrieve the content after it has been sent. It's recommended to store the relevant information in your own external systems or databases if you need to reference the content at a later stage. Saving the payload from the initial RT Event call is a good approach to retain the content information for future reference.

Resending emails: If someone requests an email to be resent, you can retrigger the SOAP call by resending the transactional email event through Adobe Campaign Classic. You can use the xtk:session and xtk:workflow SOAP APIs to initiate the email sending process again. Alternatively, you can leverage Adobe Campaign Classic's built-in workflows or programs to automate the process of resending transactional emails based on specific triggers or user requests.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @robertc66522596 ,

Reporting on deliverability and engagement: To track deliverability and engagement metrics for transactional emails in Adobe Campaign Classic, you can use the tracking data available in the broadlogs and tracking logs. You can export this data and ingest it into external analytics tools like PowerBI to create custom reports and analyze the engagement metrics. The RT tracking logs contain information about delivery status, opens, clicks, etc.

To capture this data outside of the system using an API, you can use the SOAP API method xtk:queryDef to query the broadlogs and tracking logs. You can construct a query to retrieve the required metrics based on your specific reporting needs.

Regarding accessing the data in your PRD instance or RT instance, typically the tracking data is available in the production (PRD) instance's RT schema tables. However, if there is an issue with data not being written to the PRD instance but still visible in the RT instance, it's worth investigating with Adobe support to ensure proper data synchronization and availability in your PROD instance.

Answering the question - 'when was it sent and what did it contain?': To determine when a transactional email was sent, you can refer to the delivery logs or tracking logs, which contain timestamps for the delivery events. The delivery logs provide information about when the email was sent, whereas the tracking logs can give you insights into when it was opened and clicked.

Regarding the content of a transactional email that was sent via the Message Center, there isn't a built-in feature within Adobe Campaign Classic to retrieve the content after it has been sent. It's recommended to store the relevant information in your own external systems or databases if you need to reference the content at a later stage. Saving the payload from the initial RT Event call is a good approach to retain the content information for future reference.

Resending emails: If someone requests an email to be resent, you can retrigger the SOAP call by resending the transactional email event through Adobe Campaign Classic. You can use the xtk:session and xtk:workflow SOAP APIs to initiate the email sending process again. Alternatively, you can leverage Adobe Campaign Classic's built-in workflows or programs to automate the process of resending transactional emails based on specific triggers or user requests.

Level 4

Thank you for this great and thorough information, exactly what I needed!

Community Advisor

Hi @robertc66522596 ,

Answering the question - 'when was it sent and what did it contain?': 

You can get the timestamp from "eventHisto" Schema to get the time when it was sent, but for the query what did it contain:" you can be able to store the initial ctx variables request and try storing the data in a custom schema and if it contains attachments the best way is to store the attachments first in marketing or third party sftp server (if attachments sent are different for each customer including static content) and then personalize the attachment names stored in sftp location with (ctx payload parameters like firstname,lastname or attachment name itself) so that the Transactional template can recognize the right attachment for each customer and once after sending you can archive them.

Resending emails:

Regarding the resending of emails, It can be considered as a new Request and sent via Message Center via xtk:session and xtk:workflow SOAP APIs, but if you want to store for which customer asks to resend the email, you need to store this flag in a custom schema/extend the eventHisto itself, depends on your requirement.

Regards,

Pravallika.