Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

To find the total number of soft bounces of a delivery (not the percentage)

Level 2

I have been told to apply the query to count the total no. of soft bounces of a delivery or the campaign. And I have to use the field's available in nms: delivery schema. Can anyone suggest me how to do this?

And also explain me on which field I need to apply query and what... 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hii @Shubham_Goyal__ and @Sukrity_Wadhwa ,

Thanks both of you. I have solved this query.

Invalid domains and Mailbox full are the fields which are purely soft bounces. So, I took both of them from indicators in nms:deliveries

and then add them by creating expression in Add data.

Thanks again  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @saurabh99,

To my knowledge, there is no such column or table in Adobe campaign that stores the information on the 'number of bounces - soft/hard' received for a particular delivery.
It is because as per design the feedback on the status of each email reported from ISPs is captured directly from the MTA.

Now, when soft-bouncing messages get reported back from the MTA, their log status remains unchanged (taken into account by the service provider): only the error reason is updated in the Adobe campaign and the Success percentage also remains unchanged. Soft-bouncing messages are then retried throughout the delivery validity period set in Delivery Properties.
So, the only information that you can find from the Adobe campaign is the number of recipients that were marked as 'Quarantine' in a particular delivery from nms:address schema. link

Br,

Shubham

Level 2

Hi @Shubham_Goyal__ ,

Okay then let's take Invalid domains and Mailbox full are the only soft bounces we are considering. So how can I get the total number of soft bounces (add number of Invalid domain and Mailbox full recipients) using expression with the Advanced Selection of the delivery (using delivery code of that delivery) in the campaign.

All these fields are present in the nms: delivery schema.

Thanks

Administrator

Hi @Shubham_Goyal__

Could you please help @saurabh99 further here?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hii @Shubham_Goyal__ and @Sukrity_Wadhwa ,

Thanks both of you. I have solved this query.

Invalid domains and Mailbox full are the fields which are purely soft bounces. So, I took both of them from indicators in nms:deliveries

and then add them by creating expression in Add data.

Thanks again