Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Split with multiple conditions complement reasons

Level 2

Hello everybody,

Is there a smart way to find the reasons why the recipient was kicked out of a split with multiple conditions at Adobe Campaign Classic?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi @gunnark17854189
As per you screenshot, the filtering condition in split activity is [email is not empty] AND [last name is not empty] AND [phone is empty].
Result is 6, and complement record is around 30K. This might be because those 30K records might failed to satisfy any one of your above filtering condition.

If you wants to display those records in your complement's transition arrow, right click the arrow > display the target list and configure the list with @email, @lastName and @phone. You can analyse why this records came in this complement.
Another way is, open query activity > add data > add @email, @lastName and @phone. Run the workflow. Right click the Split complement's arrow > display the target list. You can analyse why this records came in this complement.

Regards,
ParthaSarathy S

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @gunnark17854189 ,

That recipient came in complement transition, because he haven't satisfied your conditions specified in split activity.

For example, in subset-A you had given condition as @age less than 20, and in subset-B you had given condition as @age greater than 50, But the incoming recipient age is 25, then this recipient record will be in complement transition.

Complement records in split activity are remaining records of that split activity.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S

Level 2
Hello, I think I have to clarify the question a little more. If I have age over 60, not female and less than 1.6m as a condition in a split, is there a smart solution to display why a recipient was discarded?

Level 7

Hi @gunnark17854189 ,

Possible to share the snippet of your split activity to check the conditions?

Thanks

Level 2

In this case, it is easy to see that the recipients are kicked out because of the missing customer number (Kundennummer). However, there is a possibility to display the exclusions using a statistical table. Similar:

Missing Last Name: 12
Missing First Name: 5
Missing Customer Number: 40

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 09.40.23.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 09.37.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 09.36.51.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 09.44.16.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi @gunnark17854189
As per you screenshot, the filtering condition in split activity is [email is not empty] AND [last name is not empty] AND [phone is empty].
Result is 6, and complement record is around 30K. This might be because those 30K records might failed to satisfy any one of your above filtering condition.

If you wants to display those records in your complement's transition arrow, right click the arrow > display the target list and configure the list with @email, @lastName and @phone. You can analyse why this records came in this complement.
Another way is, open query activity > add data > add @email, @lastName and @phone. Run the workflow. Right click the Split complement's arrow > display the target list. You can analyse why this records came in this complement.

Regards,
ParthaSarathy S

Level 2
Yes, everything is clear to me too. But what if there are not just 4 filter conditions but 20. Is there a way to display a kind of statistic for the rejected customers, why how many customers were rejected? I don't want to create 10 spilts or look at the target list manually.

Community Advisor
Yes, This is possible. Right click the complement's transition arrow > Analyse the target. Here you can find the statistics of your record. This document will guide you https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/reporting/analyzing-populations/using-...