Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

SMS Testing Error after configuring New SMPP External Account

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I newly configured an SMPP External Account and performed a testing on my mobile number but it is getting failed due to below error. Kindly help me understand what causing this error and how to fix the same.

Version  : Campaign Classic V7

Connector used : Extended Generic SMPP

Error Screenshot :

NeelamBakre_0-1635439122981.png

Regards,

Neelam B.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The best way to troubleshoot the issue is to liaise your SMS provider to find out what their logs state, perhaps your campaign instance IP is not whitelisted on their side, also follow the next steps outlined on the acc extended sms configuration guide.

First of all Enable verbose SMPP traces. You will need them to see what is happening when the connection restarts.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Steps to troubleshoot Issue when connecting to the provider

• If the BIND PDU returns a non-zero command_status code, ask the provider for more information.

• Check that the network is properly configured so the TCP connection can be made to the provider.

• Ask the provider to check that they properly added the IPs to the allowlist of the Adobe Campaign instance.

• Check External account settings. Ask the provider the value of the fields.

• If the connection is successful but unstable, check the Issue with unstable connections section.

• If connection issues are difficult to diagnose, a network capture can provide information. Make sure that the network capture runs simultaneously while the problem appears for it can be analyzed efficiently. You should also note the exact time at which the problem appears.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 9

Hi @NeelamBakre - looks like config / login issues with your service provider. I would double-check your settings with what your SMS provider publishes and try again

Cheers

Darren

Level 3

@Darren_Bowers Thanks for your reply. Stated issue is resolved now. But I am still not able to receive SMS testing. Its showing "Sent" in status field. Also in logs transmitter bind is successfully done to SMPP server and SUBMIT_SM, SUBMIT_SM_RESP PDUs are also received. Still I am not able to receive testing. Kindly help me understand the issue.

NeelamBakre_0-1636572037125.png

Regards,

Neelam B.

Level 9

@NeelamBakre You may need to check with your provider that you have correctly set the extraction regex entries for determining success and errors in the response SR (these are in the SMSC specificities tab). Not all providers use the same software to implement SMS and some make some custom changes to the messages they send back. Your provider should be able to send you an SMSC implementation/developer guide on how to read the SR messages sent back and you can check the regex matches the incoming messages.

Also not all providers will provide a status. We get most messages back but some just never arrive.

Cheers

Darren

Level 2

Check if you have enabled DND in your number. Most of the marketing SMS are treated by the Providers and they reject them.

Check with your Vendor who has provided the SMPP details and give them your mobile number and the server name to debug further. They might need to move this messages from the DND List.

Level 3

DND is not enabled on tested mobile numbers as we are able to receive other testing on these numbers

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The best way to troubleshoot the issue is to liaise your SMS provider to find out what their logs state, perhaps your campaign instance IP is not whitelisted on their side, also follow the next steps outlined on the acc extended sms configuration guide.

First of all Enable verbose SMPP traces. You will need them to see what is happening when the connection restarts.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Steps to troubleshoot Issue when connecting to the provider

• If the BIND PDU returns a non-zero command_status code, ask the provider for more information.

• Check that the network is properly configured so the TCP connection can be made to the provider.

• Ask the provider to check that they properly added the IPs to the allowlist of the Adobe Campaign instance.

• Check External account settings. Ask the provider the value of the fields.

• If the connection is successful but unstable, check the Issue with unstable connections section.

• If connection issues are difficult to diagnose, a network capture can provide information. Make sure that the network capture runs simultaneously while the problem appears for it can be analyzed efficiently. You should also note the exact time at which the problem appears.

Community Advisor

did you resolve the issue? are you getting the sms?

Level 3

Stated issue is resolved now. But I am still not able to receive SMS testing. Its showing "Sent" in status field and "Message * pushed to the connector" in text field after execution. Also in logs transmitter bind is successfully done to SMPP server and SUBMIT_SM, SUBMIT_SM_RESP PDUs are also received. Still I am not able to receive testing. Kindly help me understand the issue.

Community Advisor

Can you tell us who the provider is, also share the SR value returned by the SMSc, you may need to parse the response correctly by setting the Regex in the extended connector.

Pushed to connector just indicates that payload was handed over to the smsc, however, we need to know whether the smsc actually delivered it, and this is why you need the correct regex to parse the response, did you liaise with your smsc provider? they can easily let you know why the messages are not being delivered.

Also look in the nms:providerMsgId schema as well as nms:broadLogMsg

Take the msgid of the nmsprovidermsgId and look for it in the broadlogmsg send us screenshots

David__Garcia_2-1636634693327.pngDavid__Garcia_3-1636634737708.png

Can you share the smsc extended specs tab as well as post in here all regex (also provide an SR receipt example so that we can test if its extracting the status correctly.

David__Garcia_4-1636634831786.png

You can find more troubleshooting steps in here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Administrator

Hi @NeelamBakre,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

@Darren_Bowers  and @david--garcia Thank you so much for your help and apologies for delayed response. The content was not whitelisted properly at vendors end. After whitelisting it , issue got resolved. 

Level 9

@NeelamBakre- great to hear. Unfortunately not all vendors/providers/SMSC's implement SMPP the same and its really trial and error sometimes. Glad you got it sorted

Cheers

Darren