Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sent deliveries to different emails (Linked in each campaign) of the same Recipient, without storing it in the schema

Level 7

It is necessary to be able to control and modify the contact data for each recipient (email, phone, address, etc.) used in each delivery.

In other words, for an email delivery, it should be possible to choose which email address the delivery is sent to for each recipient, without necessarily using the email stored in the recipient schema.

For example, a customer creates an account with the email address xxx@gmail.com, and that address is stored in the recipient schema. However, later on, the customer leaves a form on the website with the email address yyy@gmail.com, and additionally signs up for another service with a third address, zzz@gmail.com.

Campaign A should be sent to the recipient at the address yyy@gmail.com, and Campaign B to zzz@gmail.com. However, in neither case should these addresses be stored in the data model; they should only be used for those specific campaigns (storing them in the model risks using them in other campaigns).

Is it possible to manage this in any way? We have seen that the email used in Target Mapping can be modified, but to do so, it is necessary to select a field that is part of the data model.

Thank you in advance!!!

@ParthaSarathy  @_Manoj_Kumar_ 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

I believe this can be done, though it depends on whether you want the tracking and logs to roll up into a single recipient profile or separately.

In your use case, if the recipient records should remain separate, the easiest thing would be configuring the subscription or forms to create a recipient record as part of a list. This way the entries are not necessarily a part of the recipient schema and are distinctly separate. At that point, your deliveries simply need to target a specific list.

If you want the recipient interactions/tracking/preferences from yyy and zzz to be associated with the xxx address then this would require extending the recipient schema and some custom implementation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @CampaignerForLife 

Where do you store  yyy@gmail.com and zzz@gmail.com emails ? 

What you could do is to store yyy@gmail.com and zzz@gmail.com in other email fields on recipient table (email2 and email3 fields for exemple) and create two new target mapping, one with email2 as email and the second with email3 as email. Then you can use this two target mapping in the deliveries of  your campagin A and campaign B.

I hope i was clear  

Br,

Amine

Community Advisor

Hello @CampaignerForLife 

What you can do is store the yyy and zzz emails on dedicated fields on recipient table (let say  email2 and email3 fields).

Then create two new target mapping where you specifie email2 as the email for the first one and email3 as the email for the second one. Then you can use this new taget mapping in the deliveries in you campaign A and cmapaign B respectively.

hope i was clear  

Br,

Amine

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

I believe this can be done, though it depends on whether you want the tracking and logs to roll up into a single recipient profile or separately.

In your use case, if the recipient records should remain separate, the easiest thing would be configuring the subscription or forms to create a recipient record as part of a list. This way the entries are not necessarily a part of the recipient schema and are distinctly separate. At that point, your deliveries simply need to target a specific list.

If you want the recipient interactions/tracking/preferences from yyy and zzz to be associated with the xxx address then this would require extending the recipient schema and some custom implementation.

Community Advisor

@CampaignerForLife 

You will still need to create a target mapping as below. In my use case it was loyalty account for a brand with multi business unit and customer can provide different emails for each BU. I used an enrichment to add the needed email and name the alias as @email

DavidKangni_0-1689869616440.png

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Community Advisor

Hi @CampaignerForLife ,

Yes it is necessary for that email field captured from the form to be present in the Schema as it should be targeted to send the Campaigns.

However, you can restrict those fields (Both the email Addresses which you will store in a Schema) access to specific Operators/Operator Groups so that you can have Access Management for those Data.

In your Use case, you have to create 2 different Target Mappings to target these 2 Email Address Fields (1 for each) and use them in your Delivery activity :

LakshmiPravallika_0-1690211425538.png

You can even restrict the Delivery/Tracking/Exclusion logs getting generated based on  the Operator level for the Schema having the Email Fields.

Regards,

Pravallika.