Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending SMS Via SOAP API

Level 5

HI,

Adobe has implemented NetSize as sms provider withing AC. Is there a way to trigger API calls from Adobe to send SMS? if so what is the WSDL Schema for that ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Depending on your use case, you may want to look into licensing Message Center for transactional deliveries, which was purpose-built for low latency, high volume simple API-driven messaging.

You can also make a makeshift Message Center by spooling requests to a queue table and processing them from a workflow with a near-realtime (e.g. 1 min) schedule. WSDL would be ordinary CRUD to the table, i.e. xtk:session#Write. A less maintainable option is to roll a custom API endpoint via schema def + js to instantiate templates and deliver them.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Depending on your use case, you may want to look into licensing Message Center for transactional deliveries, which was purpose-built for low latency, high volume simple API-driven messaging.

You can also make a makeshift Message Center by spooling requests to a queue table and processing them from a workflow with a near-realtime (e.g. 1 min) schedule. WSDL would be ordinary CRUD to the table, i.e. xtk:session#Write. A less maintainable option is to roll a custom API endpoint via schema def + js to instantiate templates and deliver them.

Thanks,

-Jon

Thanks John, we do have Message center and we are using that. The scenario here is that we will send SMS reminders to the users when they sign up to get text messages. Does the text messages uses delivery schema? I am trying to trigger text messages via Adobe API.

Community Advisor
*Jon. SMS isn't special here, Adobe needs to configure the SMS external account for your provider on their MC exec instances. From there, just make ordinary SMS delivery templates and publish them to the execs, calling them with nms:rtEvent#PushEvent or nms:batchEvent#PushEvents.
Thanks John, one more question, the template that the SMS message center will be used is that a message Center delivery template right( Mode External or Bulk)? Is there any documentation anywhere for leveraging Message center to send SMS?)

Level 1

SMSala is one of the best Global SMS Services provider, having a wide range of SMS connectivity solutions developed to meet all of SMS messaging needs. Our SMS solutions are designed for the sole purpose of connecting with your clients and potential customers and thus helping you in increasing your reach and business, communicating time-critical informational to users and the general public.