Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Send random delivery between two options to single user

Level 4

Hi guys,

I have this WF that is triggered by a query that reads a schema and sends the delivery. The point is that I have two deliveries (A and B) and I want that to send the A or B randomly. Since there is only 1 person by send, I don't know how to use the Split activity since it is based on segment and my segment is always 1.

So this set is not working:

1797602_pastedImage_0.png

Do you have any idea how to workaround this please?

Regards,

Raúl

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In your split, use query filtering with this as the predicate:

Random() greater than .5

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi Raul,

If I understand your question correctly, you are sure you will always have one record after random sampling to 50-50 .

Split works like mutually exclusive unless you select "enable overlapping" option.

Hence, whichever is the first sub-set defined would have the records as per the random sampling.

In your case, if you are attaching delivery A to the subset ,"Enviar Promo Millas", then the record would get this delivery.

If you still want to send both the deliveries to that one record , you can use fork activity after the split sub-set and attach both A and B deliveries to it so that the same record would receive 2 deliveries.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.08.44 am.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anita

Level 4

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your response. I will always have one record on the flow, but I want the system to send the delivery randomly, I mean, sometimes send the A and other times the B, but never both.

The set up that I posted is always picking the A option since my segment is always 1 record.

Regards,

Raúl

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In your split, use query filtering with this as the predicate:

Random() greater than .5

Thanks,

-Jon