Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

select the most recent record based on record create date

Level 5

Hi Team, 

I aim to select the records with the latest creation date. Suppose there are six records with unique IDs but identical customer names, each with distinct creation dates. Is there a method to choose the most recent record based on the creation date?

Thank you in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Please use the query activity to select the records with the same customer name like below:

LakshmiPravallika_0-1715867328017.png

Next, Please use the Split activity to get the recent record based on creation date with Configuration shown below:

LakshmiPravallika_1-1715867410270.png

Please select "Keep only first records after sorting" option and define the descending sort as shown below

LakshmiPravallika_2-1715867465228.png

in the Next window, you can select maximum size as 1 record to get the latest one.

LakshmiPravallika_3-1715867525390.png

Sample WF Can be as shown below:

LakshmiPravallika_4-1715867548631.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Pravallika.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Please use the query activity to select the records with the same customer name like below:

LakshmiPravallika_0-1715867328017.png

Next, Please use the Split activity to get the recent record based on creation date with Configuration shown below:

LakshmiPravallika_1-1715867410270.png

Please select "Keep only first records after sorting" option and define the descending sort as shown below

LakshmiPravallika_2-1715867465228.png

in the Next window, you can select maximum size as 1 record to get the latest one.

LakshmiPravallika_3-1715867525390.png

Sample WF Can be as shown below:

LakshmiPravallika_4-1715867548631.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 5

Thank you @LakshmiPravallika , 

Upon attempting the solution provided earlier, I encountered the following error:
The column "tablename.REC_CREATE_DATE" is deemed invalid in the ORDER BY clause due to its absence in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

Please suggest

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Please try adding the additional data in the query activity your Primary Unique Id and Creation date columns and do select group by on both the columns. Sample configuration can be as shown below:

LakshmiPravallika_0-1715873120078.png

In the Split activity, Please select the column from the added columns of query activity and do the same configuration as shown above, Change would only be in selecting the column from Additional data instead of Target Data.

LakshmiPravallika_1-1715873223437.png

Please try this and let me know if it solves the issue.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Community Advisor

Hi @rvnth ,

Utilize Deduplication activity.

After Query, use deduplication, and select

Identification of duplicates: unique_ID

Next >

Doubles to keep: 1

Method: Using an expression

Expression: select 'creation date'

and select 'keep the records with the largest value'

ParthaSarathy_0-1715868683114.png

Level 5

Thank you @ParthaSarathy , this was working but I have used a different column that has unique values and can see the latest record being picked up.