Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Printing Push Connector V2 JavaScript Logs in web/mta/javaScript?

Level 2

We are trying to print some logs when sending an Android App Notification using HTTP Legacy configuration. 

We checked web, mta child and javaScript logs but couldn't find anything. 

Has anyone able to print these App connector logs?

We are using On Prem instance with Mid-sourcing setup.

@florentlb 

@Shubham_Goyal__ 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

We checked that the logs are in Mid Sourcing and we were able to tweak the code accordingly. 

If anyone who are working with HTTP Legacy in an On Prem Instance, Can take this suggestion. Cause the Delivery processing is in Mid Sourcing, connector.js logs will be in Mid Source itself.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @krishnakanthpat ,

To print logs for Adobe Campaign when sending an Android App Notification using HTTP Legacy configuration, you can try the following steps:

1. Enable the logs for the App connector by modifying the log4j.properties file located in the /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/app/instanceName/conf/ folder.

2. Add the following lines to the log4j.properties file:

log4j.logger.com.adobe.campaign.connector.android=DEBUG

3. Save and close the log4j.properties file.

4. Restart the App connector to apply the changes to the logging configuration.

5. Send the Android App Notification using HTTP Legacy configuration.

6. Check the logs in the following locations:

• For On-Premise setup, check the logs in the following location on the Adobe Campaign server: /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/app/instanceName/log/

By default, the logs are rotated on a daily basis, and the latest logs are available in the most recent files.

Employee Advisor

Hi @krishnakanthpat 

We have seen similar issues via the HTTP legacy protocol and moving it to HTTP v1 protocol, push notifications are now seen on Android devices...

I would say, don't bother debugging the legacy HTTP Android protocol, we're tried to put all the debug and there was nothing wrong on ACC side however the app wasn't receiving the notification no matter what

I can only encourage you to move to HTTP v1 instead, the support of HTTP v1 was introduced in release 9228 as seen in the release note (Oct. 2020) (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/release-notes/previous-releases/relea...)

I think since couple of months, Android might have stopped silently processing requests from the legacy protocol ...

Just migrate to HTTP v1 instead,

Thanks

Denis

Level 2

While I agree to all your points. In some cases Clients needs to be fulfilled and so we couldn't change from Legacy to V1.

Correct answer by
Level 2

We checked that the logs are in Mid Sourcing and we were able to tweak the code accordingly. 

If anyone who are working with HTTP Legacy in an On Prem Instance, Can take this suggestion. Cause the Delivery processing is in Mid Sourcing, connector.js logs will be in Mid Source itself.