Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Open external browser from Client Console?

Level 3

We have our own form (xtk:form) for one feature. On this form we'd like to allow operator to click on something and open a calculated externarl URL in default windows broser, or at least in IE.

I know it is possible to open IE window without control bars from nmw:webApp, and probably from JSSP Dashboard. But could it be possible from xtk:form?

Will appreciate any advice on this!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Tools menu is only managed by the AC fat client (Windows executable), not customizable, and of course it is easy to do it in a fat Win32 client. The same for the web client (jssp page).

Depending on your need, you can do it the way I explained you, or the same with JSSP pages if there are more external code to manage.

See many examples in ACC jssp pages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Andrey,

Yes, an xtk:form can open the external browser or the IE engine in different ways.

Unfortunately, this is not documented in the JS API forms section of the documentation (neither the JSPAPI.chm nor the Online documentation jsapi-en
(so maybe it also means that it is not really supported and could change in new ACC versions without any warnings.)

IE engine but inside AC session, either encapsulated form or pop-up form

The main advantage is that the object/web page leverages the AC session and all of its objects are easily manipulated.

pop-up form:
see for example the link Display mirror page in a delivery form, in the broadlogs tab, that displays a pop-up form with underlying IE engine
And the definition in the delivery form, search for:
<input type="browser" urlMode="true" xpath="/ignored/@mirrorPageUrl"/>

For encapsulated forms (similar of iframe in web pages):

Several uses in ACC user interface, such as for webApp management.

See the xtk:formlib form (library called in other forms) and especially search for "viewer" or urlViewer

See especially the Preview tab of a webApp, firstly the URL field, and below the encapsulated preview page.

<input entityRefresh="nms:webApp" sessionToken="true" type="urlViewer" urlExpr="$(serverUrl)+'/nms/webApp.jssp?id='+@id + '&amp;standalone=1'"/>

The same for previewing/rendering the html in a delivery.
Another example in the  Files Resource form (fileRes) in which the Preview tab displays the URI content thanks to the helpers:

<input forceNavigate="true" type="urlViewer" urlExpr="[/ignored/@url]"/>

IE browser (external)

One way to achieve is to do the same as the Dashboard tab of a webApp, which is actually a report page so a webApp page encapsulated in the form... (case above)... and it includes a link to the public URL page... that opens in the IE browser.

Please see the source code (by example right click on the page, or find it in the Javascript admin nodes.

Other web browser

Honestly I didn't find out how to do it easily!

Perhaps someone knows a trick ?

Regards
J-Serge

Level 3

Hi Jean-Serge,

Yes, I know about these options. They all are a bit tricky when we want to send operator from xtk:form to internal webserver with domain authentication and all this stuff.

ACC console can open URLs in external browser - this is working in Help - About menu item. So I'm wondering is this possible to use this in xtk:form entities...

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Tools menu is only managed by the AC fat client (Windows executable), not customizable, and of course it is easy to do it in a fat Win32 client. The same for the web client (jssp page).

Depending on your need, you can do it the way I explained you, or the same with JSSP pages if there are more external code to manage.

See many examples in ACC jssp pages.