Expand my Community achievements bar.

Migrate campaigns from one Adobe Campaign v7 server to another Adobe Campaign V7

Level 2

We are planning to migrate campaigns from one Adobe Campaign v7 server to another.

The plan involves a lift and shift of schemas, importing technical workflows, campaigns, delivery templates, etc., using package import sequentially. To import previously executed campaigns along with the related historical tracking and delivery logs, I am considering extending the campaign, tracking, and delivery log schemas and using an import workflow to load the data.

What is the best way to import historical tracking and delivery logs? Does this approach work, and does anyone see any challenges with it?

8 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @adobegm 

It sounds like duplication of instance.

Please check the duplicating environments steps documentation.

Thanks,

David 

David Kangni

Level 2

Thanks for the response @DavidKangni .

My apologies for not being clear with my earlier request. This case doesn't involve duplicating one environment with another entirely. The client is currently running some campaigns in the source campaign instance and others in the target campaign instance. The goal is to migrate the campaigns from the source instance to the target instance so that the source instance can be safely decommissioned.

what is the sequential way to do this? I would need a suggestion on importing historical campaigns and tracking, delivery logs.

Community Advisor

Hi @adobegm ,

You can also export using package management. Create a package and import in the below order,

Folder -data schema - input form - options & enumeration (if any) -campaign (nms: operation) - xtk:workflow

For importing data, first extract the data into a CSV file from source instance and store it in SFTP. Then create an import workflow in Target instance and import the csv file from SFTP and insert the records in relevant schema.

Level 2

Thanks @ParthaSarathy 

What is the best way to import previously executed deliveries along with the associated recipient history, tracking, and delivery logs from Server A to Server B? Given that Nms:delivery is linked to a large number of schemas, do we need to export data from all the associated schemas in Server A and then import them into Server B into all those related schemas? This approach seems like a significant effort. Is there a more efficient solution?Screenshot 2024-08-18 191831.png

Level 2

@ParthaSarathy @DavidKangni  Just a follow up. Possible to share your suggestions on above point?

Community Advisor

Packages will import only the structure and configurations. They will not import the data.

You may need a DBA or a data architect to ingest the data because you will have data integrity and primary key/id conflicts to handle.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

@DavidKangni  yes, need to handle Key/id conflicts. But my question is does that need to be managed across all the related schemas of deliveries schema? This approach seems like a significant effort. Is there a better way?

Level 4

Hi @adobegm To export a set of objects in a package, use Export Package options - Platform and Admin package to export the needed objects / select all.

harikrishnadevanabowina_1-1724145244348.png

Please refer https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/administration-bas...