Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Logs for external SOAP API call to Adobe Campaign

Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to debug an incoming SOAP API call from an external system that would insert/update data to recipient table. The instance is Adobe hosted. I would like to check the API parameters or any errors popped up during the update operation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ACCUser19  if you extend Recipient schema with new method for insert/update you may create and link Javascript file where you can set up logInfo/logError/logWarning functions within specific use cases (when you want to have log, what to print, etc...), and later have logs into web.log file each time action happened.

There is a default method in Recipient schema called updateProfile which you may call with regular and wrong parameters and check if any logs are triggered by default and how they look like.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ACCUser19  if you extend Recipient schema with new method for insert/update you may create and link Javascript file where you can set up logInfo/logError/logWarning functions within specific use cases (when you want to have log, what to print, etc...), and later have logs into web.log file each time action happened.

There is a default method in Recipient schema called updateProfile which you may call with regular and wrong parameters and check if any logs are triggered by default and how they look like.

Regards,

Milan

Level 1

Hi @Milan_Vucetic 

Thank you for your answer. Do you have any samples or documentation for adding custom method to schema?
Also, I would like to debug an API that has occurred a few days ago. So if there is some option that I can use right away, would be very helpful.

Community Advisor

Hi @ACCUser19 

you may start with this link.

Once you understand the process you will notice some existing code in AC based on which you may define your method. It is not too hard but at the same time is not straightforward. You will need some basic JS and XML knowledge otherwise suggest to hire consultants or person with experience in order to avoid that jeopardize current setup.

Regards,
Milan