Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Inbound SMS Activity

Level 1

We are trying to use "Inbound SMS" activity to query the Incoming SMS table(nms:inSMS). Our requirement is for certain keywords coming in, we need make an external API call for each of the message. In the Javascript I have written the code which makes the API call

But I have few questions with this activity.

1. Whenever I try to edit the query and save the workflow, it throws an error "Unable to find Key values for the element 'Condition' (document with schema ctx) ". Why is this happening?

2. How do I run this activity continously so that it always keeps polling the Incoming SMS table. Is scheduler the only way to do it? 

3. Can this acitivty be used as " Event based" trigger rather than scheduler based?

4. How do I manage this for two different keywords and each of these keywords needs to make two different API calls? Should I create two workflows?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @aashu980324 

1. Do you have any code in the script section of Inbound SMS activity? If yes, we need to see the code to find a possible issue.

2. Yes, You will have to use the scheduler. 

3. It can be trigger-based, but you will have to listen to the events somehow.

4. You can use the split activity after inBound sms to check the keyword and have two transitions for API calls

Manoj_Kumar__0-1699502858086.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @aashu980324 

1. Do you have any code in the script section of Inbound SMS activity? If yes, we need to see the code to find a possible issue.

2. Yes, You will have to use the scheduler. 

3. It can be trigger-based, but you will have to listen to the events somehow.

4. You can use the split activity after inBound sms to check the keyword and have two transitions for API calls

Manoj_Kumar__0-1699502858086.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn