Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Issue saving string value with character > 1023 characters

Level 2

We are saving values in a field whose length set on schema level as 2000 characters.

Before saving, values of strings > 1023 characters are perfectly stored in "ctx.vars.Comments" or "ctx.webAppLogRcpData.Comments" but while saving field value to the schema using xtk.session.Write(xml) method, the values get truncated at 1023 characters.

Further we tried updated field through workflow with strings > 1023, it gets updated on schema correctly.

Is there any limitation on string attribute length on XML while sending through xtk.session.Write() method?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi@SachinDhir - schema attributes of type string are limited to 1024 characters. If you want to save > 1024 chars then you need to use a memo or html element in your schema.

I vaguely remember there was a bug in workflows where you can store > 1024 chars in a memo/html element, but when you try to enrich it onto a workflow it gets truncated back to 1024 characters anyway.

Thanks

Darren

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi@SachinDhir - schema attributes of type string are limited to 1024 characters. If you want to save > 1024 chars then you need to use a memo or html element in your schema.

I vaguely remember there was a bug in workflows where you can store > 1024 chars in a memo/html element, but when you try to enrich it onto a workflow it gets truncated back to 1024 characters anyway.

Thanks

Darren