Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Include the email web browser version link into a SMS

Level 1

Is there a way to include the email web browser version / 'MirrorPage' link into a SMS?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @donna-gal - technically this is possible, but its a bit of work to do it.

You have to extract the URL pretty much straight after the email send as you have the data you need. Once you have the URL for each recipient, technically you can then either send a follow-up SMS straight away or you can store it somewhere and send it later.

Be aware the MirrorPageURL is quite long, so sending it in an SMS without first shortening it (using bit.ly, etc) can be costly or just not a great experience for your customers.

I set up a temporary schema to hold the MirrorPageURLs but you don't have to do this. It depends on your use cases.

The main function you want to extract the URL is:

nms.delivery.GetMirrorURL(vars.deliveryId,record.broadLogId.toString());

vars.deliveryId is the id of the delivery that you just sent (this should be a long). record.broadLogId.toString() is the broadLogId for each message you just sent to each recipient (this should be a string).

This is an example of what I did so I could export the MirrorPageURL into a text file after the delivery

DarrenOrigin_0-1593415673719.png

Hope this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @donna-gal - technically this is possible, but its a bit of work to do it.

You have to extract the URL pretty much straight after the email send as you have the data you need. Once you have the URL for each recipient, technically you can then either send a follow-up SMS straight away or you can store it somewhere and send it later.

Be aware the MirrorPageURL is quite long, so sending it in an SMS without first shortening it (using bit.ly, etc) can be costly or just not a great experience for your customers.

I set up a temporary schema to hold the MirrorPageURLs but you don't have to do this. It depends on your use cases.

The main function you want to extract the URL is:

nms.delivery.GetMirrorURL(vars.deliveryId,record.broadLogId.toString());

vars.deliveryId is the id of the delivery that you just sent (this should be a long). record.broadLogId.toString() is the broadLogId for each message you just sent to each recipient (this should be a string).

This is an example of what I did so I could export the MirrorPageURL into a text file after the delivery

DarrenOrigin_0-1593415673719.png

Hope this helps

Cheers

Level 1

Hi @donna-gal,

You can include the MirrorPage link by clicking the boxes in the screenshot below:

yuhanlin_0-1593416449731.png

I don't think it will generate a meaningful page though - may I ask what your intention is to insert the MirrorPage into an SMS?

Level 1
Thanks! My main intention is for a user to click the link via SMS to open a copy of the email sent to them. The user then can respond to an invite. Also emails have an easier way to track interactions.