Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

How to use segment codes in different workflows within a campaign?

Level 2

Hi!

I named several segment codes in a split in Workflow_1, but i want to call them in Workflow_2 within the same campaign.

For example. I named in the 1st campaign a group of recipients with a segment code = Gold.

I want to do a query in the 2nd workflow to exclude these 'Gold' population. In order to save time so i dont need to do a query again, can i use the segment code?

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Javi_Landa ,

Yes, you can use segment code. for that, create a new attribute 'segment code' in broadlog schema and do the following configurations as per this community post

Next, in your delivery of WKF1, provide unique delivery code in delivery property 

eg, <campaign_name>_<workflowName>_<delivery1>

(OP234_WKF1234_DeliveryGold)

In WKF2, create a query as below, which will fetch all the recipients who got targeted in your 1st workflow for the segmentCode as Gold.

(incase if you have many deliveries in WKF1, you can modify the condition as

(delivery/@deliveryCode) is included in 'deliveryCode_of_delivery1','deliveryCode_of_delivery2','deliveryCode_of_delivery3' )

ParthaSarathy_0-1688723348277.png

And use this query to exclude with WKF2 query

ParthaSarathy_0-1688723515754.png

Level 2

Hi ParthaSarathy. 

Thank you for your answer, but i dont feel very sure by changing anything in broadlog. There is no way to create a segment code in a split of wkf1 and use that targetdata.segmentCode field in wf2 within the same campaign?

Maybe by saying:

Recipient belongs to wkf1 (internal name of workflow=wkf1) and segmentCode = Gold.

I really dont know how to do it, but it would help me a lot. For example by just doing a big query in the first workflow and in the others just use the segment code to save time and resources.

Thank you!