Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to use Duplicate and DuplicateTo

Community Advisor

Hello All,

I have no idea how to use these two. Basically i want to duplicate a record from javascript. Do you have any idea how to use these or how to do it other than manually pass the settings from one to another?

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

Here is how you do it in javascript:

I have taken an example of duplicating a delivery template.

var del1 = nms.delivery.create();
del1.Duplicate("nms:delivery|<<id of the delivery which you want to duplicate (integer)>>");
del1.save();

var del2 = nms.delivery.create();
del2.DuplicateTo("nms:delivery|<<id of the delivery which you want to duplicate (integer)>>","xtk:folder|<<id of the folder to which you want to duplicate your delivery to (integer)>>");
del2.save();

After the Duplicate() or DuplicateTo() methods are executed, the newly created delivery (copy of the original one) is available but not saved to the database yet.

Before the .save() you can modify as many properties of the delivery you want to via code as well.

The same way you can use it for other types of entities in Adobe Campaign, provided the schema and id (primary key) are correct.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ishan

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Marcel,

Duplicate --> let you duplicate an object in the same folder

Duplicate to --> let you duplicate an object to another folder that you will select during the process

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Community Advisor
i know this but i cannot get it working from the docu do you have working example?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

Here is how you do it in javascript&colon;

I have taken an example of duplicating a delivery template.

var del1 = nms.delivery.create();
del1.Duplicate("nms:delivery|<<id of the delivery which you want to duplicate (integer)>>");
del1.save();

var del2 = nms.delivery.create();
del2.DuplicateTo("nms:delivery|<<id of the delivery which you want to duplicate (integer)>>","xtk:folder|<<id of the folder to which you want to duplicate your delivery to (integer)>>");
del2.save();

After the Duplicate() or DuplicateTo() methods are executed, the newly created delivery (copy of the original one) is available but not saved to the database yet.

Before the .save() you can modify as many properties of the delivery you want to via code as well.

The same way you can use it for other types of entities in Adobe Campaign, provided the schema and id (primary key) are correct.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ishan

Community Advisor

@Marcel_Szimoniszcan you tell me what kind of entity you want to duplicate? The below code works for a delivery:

var del = nms.delivery.create();

del.DuplicateTo("nms:delivery|64580475","xtk:folder|56970113"); // example delivery and folder ID used

del.save();

logInfo("new delivery Id: "+del.id);

Community Advisor
ok it is working i was confused with the << >> but the JSAPI there is nothing that you should use it in this way "nms:delivery|" + id. How did you figured this out? the documentation says just pk what you want to copy and pk of folder.. thanks a lot

Community Advisor
I have used it in the past several times, the new API documentation does not have any example for this. I am glad that I could help.