Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to set Delivery's proof target automatically based on Organizational entity field

Level 1

Hi all,

I need to set an automatism that, every time a new campaign is created, automatically change the proof target of the deliveries of the campaign, based on the Organizational Entity field of the campaign.

I even tried to schedule technical wkf that every hour changes the parameters of the field "fcpParameters" of every new delivery, but that field is included in the "data" field of the delivery, that is an xml and contains all the information about the delivery, so changing it is really easy to mess something up.

Is there a way to set the proof's target automatically for every new delivery?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michele,

I understand and automatically I am not sure it is possible as the fucntion to create a campaign out of a template is a static function defined in the nms:operation data schema.

However what you could do is to create a JavaScript where you would have a function that will:

1. Search for seed templates using the org unit associated to the delivery
  2. Create the seed elements on the delivery
  3. You will then invoke this function from a new button that you would put at best on the Delivery General Properties or in the "To" Target of Proofs section...

I don't think you can fully automate it but you can make it a "click" away.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

In the above way to improving the solution, it is to be able to find seed address templates via an Org Unit as my assumption is also that the seed addresses are also org unit specific.

That's how I would look at the topic,

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Michele,

What about creating a Delivery Template per Org Unit and add the proofs in the Template? We got customer that uses such methods to add proofs, seeds and control group for each brand they are managing. Selecting the right template is of course left to the user....Will the proposal not work?

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 1

Hi Denis,
Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately this isn't a valid option for this case, because we use the distribute marketing to create one campaign for each Org Unit starting from the same campaign template.

Using different templates would mean to create each campaign individually, 
and that would take much longer.

Employee Advisor

Hi Michele,

OK let recap here as I'm not sure I'm understanding your configuration

1. You have one delivery template that covers all org units
  2. You have one campaign template that covers all org units, does this campaign template contain a delivery template in the associated workflow?
  3. When an user creates a campaign, it selects this common campaign template and then sets the associated org unit
  4. Then, the user create a delivery by selecting the common delivery template and then sets the org unit to the delivery template
  5. Then, you'd like to have the proofs set as well on the delivery as per the selected org unit automatically.

Am I right on the configuration and user flow?

Thanks

Denis

Level 1

I have several delivery templates and campaign templates, different for each campaign.
Every campaign template has multiple wkf (ie. 3 wkf for 3 different deliveries for 3 different target).

When a user creates a new campaign, the user needs to select the campaign template to use and all the Org Unit affected by the campaign.

The deliveries are automatically created, but now the user has to manually change the proof's target of every delivery in every campaign.

the proof's target depends on the campaign's local org unit field.

I'm searching for a procedure that  can make the selection of the proof's target automatic, resulting in time saving and less chance of user error.

Employee Advisor

Hi Michele,

OK I'm aligned with your process now. Just for me to be sure, when a user selects a campaign template to create a new campaign, the 2nd step for the user is to select all the org units this campaign affects, meaning that you have customised the campaign to belong to more than 1 org unit and then customise the UI too. Am I right?

I think you could add a button in the campaign UI to do the synchronisation of the proofs. I suppose you are able to find the proofs records using a query based on the org units, What type of proofings are you using: recipient, substitution, seed?

Thanks

Denis

Level 1

Thanks for your time,

We use the distributed marketing to create a campaign for each interested Org Unit. 
The proofing type is seed, but I have no clue of how to do the synchronisation of the proof when creating the campaigns without have the user to manually change each delivery proof target manually.

I have tried to dig into the delivery data schema and find out that the proof target is saved as part of an xml field, "data", that contains every information about the delivery's content, but i don't know how can i change only the proof part of that field.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michele,

I understand and automatically I am not sure it is possible as the fucntion to create a campaign out of a template is a static function defined in the nms:operation data schema.

However what you could do is to create a JavaScript where you would have a function that will:

1. Search for seed templates using the org unit associated to the delivery
  2. Create the seed elements on the delivery
  3. You will then invoke this function from a new button that you would put at best on the Delivery General Properties or in the "To" Target of Proofs section...

I don't think you can fully automate it but you can make it a "click" away.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

In the above way to improving the solution, it is to be able to find seed address templates via an Org Unit as my assumption is also that the seed addresses are also org unit specific.

That's how I would look at the topic,