Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to send an email using external file

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to send an email to external email address using Adobe Campaign Classic. But it is failing on email delivery step. It says mismatch of nms:recipient and there are many other errors if I change configuration. - I have tried many combinations for this simple workflow.

I just have data loading file  (csv) and email delivery template -- simple workflow and send emails to external addresses that are not in database. I'm not able to find correct resources for doing so. Can you please help me? 

Workflow has only data loading file -- email delivery template - end

What should be configuration for data loading and email delivery for completing this task ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @vinay16 - I ran into this issue a little while back and I found that it wasn't possible (using the UI) to create a Target Mapping with no source schema (i.e. external file). So I hacked together a package XML that did what I wanted. This may not be the best way to solve this, but it worked.

Just make sure the schemas (broadLogExclSchema, broadLogSchema and trackingLogSchema) match your base recipient schemas.

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<package author="Darren Bowers ([removed])" buildDate="2022-03-21 05:38:10.020Z"
         buildNumber="9032" buildVersion="6.7">
  <entities schema="nms:deliveryMapping">
    <deliveryMapping builtIn="0" email="@email" label="External file" name="mapExternal"
                     schema="">
      <storage broadLogExclSchema="nms:excludeLogRcp" broadLogSchema="nms:broadLogRcp"
               exclusionType="2" trackingLogSchema="nms:trackingLogRcp"/>
      <folder _operation="none" name="nmsDeliveryMapping"/>
    </deliveryMapping>
  </entities>
</package>

Just load up your CSV and change the email column to be @email, and set the delivery Target Mapping to External File and you should be ok to go

Cheers

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @vinay16 - I ran into this issue a little while back and I found that it wasn't possible (using the UI) to create a Target Mapping with no source schema (i.e. external file). So I hacked together a package XML that did what I wanted. This may not be the best way to solve this, but it worked.

Just make sure the schemas (broadLogExclSchema, broadLogSchema and trackingLogSchema) match your base recipient schemas.

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<package author="Darren Bowers ([removed])" buildDate="2022-03-21 05:38:10.020Z"
         buildNumber="9032" buildVersion="6.7">
  <entities schema="nms:deliveryMapping">
    <deliveryMapping builtIn="0" email="@email" label="External file" name="mapExternal"
                     schema="">
      <storage broadLogExclSchema="nms:excludeLogRcp" broadLogSchema="nms:broadLogRcp"
               exclusionType="2" trackingLogSchema="nms:trackingLogRcp"/>
      <folder _operation="none" name="nmsDeliveryMapping"/>
    </deliveryMapping>
  </entities>
</package>

Just load up your CSV and change the email column to be @email, and set the delivery Target Mapping to External File and you should be ok to go

Cheers

Darren

Level 3

Thank you so much for detailed reply and explanation.

I will definitely try this.

My workflow already worked after making few changes though. I was playing with many conditions so I'm not sure what exactly I did but I have kept copy of that so that in the future, I can duplicate that one, if required.

Also, I will keep your answer as an alternative way for future work.

Thanks again.