Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to import ".eml" file in Adobe campaign classic

Level 2

I want to import the .eml file which is created on the MTA server while creating email copies.

the .eml file is created for the BCC (blind carbon copy) of an email.

I would like to import the .eml file into the adobe campaign. Is it possible to do so?

@Shubham_Goyal__ 

@_Manoj_Kumar_ 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Diksha036 ,

I've not tried this myself yet, but worth a try. 

The Bcc email copies (.eml files) are stored in the adobe campaign local directory via such format. (link for more details on formatting .emil files)

C:\emails\<contact date>\<mta sent hour>\<deliveryid>-<broadlogid>-sent.eml
Now, you can try to access these local files via the 'Web Download' activity with the option "Web file: Adobe Campaign instance" and give the location path of the file under the "File:" column. (link for more details on 'Web download' activity).
If the above works and files get downloaded, you can ingest them using the data loading/ update data activity.  

P.S the path of .eml files varies on individual setup to confirm the location of your eml files via your campaign instance serverconfig file.

Br,
Shubham

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Diksha036 ,

I've not tried this myself yet, but worth a try. 

The Bcc email copies (.eml files) are stored in the adobe campaign local directory via such format. (link for more details on formatting .emil files)

C:\emails\<contact date>\<mta sent hour>\<deliveryid>-<broadlogid>-sent.eml
Now, you can try to access these local files via the 'Web Download' activity with the option "Web file: Adobe Campaign instance" and give the location path of the file under the "File:" column. (link for more details on 'Web download' activity).
If the above works and files get downloaded, you can ingest them using the data loading/ update data activity.  

P.S the path of .eml files varies on individual setup to confirm the location of your eml files via your campaign instance serverconfig file.

Br,
Shubham

Administrator

Hi @Diksha036,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa