Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Get personalized content of delivery in post-processing workflow

Level 2

Hi All,

Is there a way to get the personalized content of a sent delivery, for example an SMS, in a post processing workflow configured in the external account?

I am able to find in the delivery the unpersonalized content in the path [delivery/content/sms/source] but I need the final personalized content.

Is there an easy way to get that for each recipient contacted?

Thanks and kind regards,

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Ah, I've gotten this q so many times I just defaulted to scripted response. Yes, it's a challenge to get materialized messages; they're not available outside nms:deliveryPart afaik, and extracting them from there is non-trivial.

Thanks,

-jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Here are a few solutions I've seen, in descending order of personal preference:

• Interpolate current data into the message when retrieving it, which may be fine depending on your use cases and constraints
  • Extend nms:broadLog* table to capture personalization values at send, and interpolate, yielding accurate info at the cost of significant complexity and db space
  • If email, use archiving feature to capture materialized copies of each delivery
  • If email, use curl to archive mirror pages or otherwise extend their validity period and use directly in a csr tool
  • Use a post-processing workflow to dump personalization data into csv files to be archived
  • Replicate the db on every delivery sent (we're essentially doing this at a current client actually)

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your input.

I meant getting the personalized content in a post-processing workflow configured in the routing external account. I think i found a way to get this information by implementing a custom javascript connector configured in the connector tab of the external account.

In a post processing workflow configured in the external account I only get the delivery ID. So it might not be possible to get the personalized messages.

Kind regards,

Jose

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Ah, I've gotten this q so many times I just defaulted to scripted response. Yes, it's a challenge to get materialized messages; they're not available outside nms:deliveryPart afaik, and extracting them from there is non-trivial.

Thanks,

-jon