Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Extended tables must have attribute "view" set to true?

Level 5

According to documentation, extended tables must have the "view" attribute set to "true". 

Características del esquema | Adobe Campaign

However, I've notice our extended recipient table hasn't this attribute at all. Is this attribute set to true by default? Meaning even if I don't see it in the XML, it is recognized as true by Campaign or not?

If not, what are the risk of not having this attribute set to true?

<srcSchema _cs="Recipients (abc)" created="2020-03-02 23:01:21.125Z" createdBy-id="0"
desc="Recipient table (profiles" entitySchema="xtk:srcSchema" extendedSchema="nms:recipient"
img="nms:recipient.png" label="Recipients" labelSingular="Recipient" lastModified="2023-10-30 17:39:11.152Z"
md5="8C074275554C6E4A501885AC9F37E270" modifiedBy-id="0" name="recipient"
namespace="bcp" xtkschema="xtk:srcSchema">

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ogonzalesdiaz,

The "view" attribute tells Adobe that the table behind the respective schema should not be updated when the schema changes. This occurs when there is a need to map tables that have already been created in the database.

Amine_Abedour_0-1699736697629.png

Check this documentation.

For your case, it doesn't surprise me that the recipient extension doesn't have the 'view' attribute; on the contrary, it makes sense and should only be that way .

Br,

Amine

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ogonzalesdiaz,

The "view" attribute tells Adobe that the table behind the respective schema should not be updated when the schema changes. This occurs when there is a need to map tables that have already been created in the database.

Amine_Abedour_0-1699736697629.png

Check this documentation.

For your case, it doesn't surprise me that the recipient extension doesn't have the 'view' attribute; on the contrary, it makes sense and should only be that way .

Br,

Amine

Community Advisor

Hi @ogonzalesdiaz ,

By Default its view=“false” for a newly created schema in Campaign classic or extended OOTB schema.
If you define the value as view=“true”, whatever the new attribute added/ modified/ deleted in the edit tab of schema, you can't able to see the attribute SQL statement when you try to update the database structure.

As you mentioned you can't able to see view=“true” in extended recipient schema, that is the reason, whenever you add/delete/modify an attribute in it, you can able to see its corresponding SQL statement in the update database structure wizard.

Basically, The view=“true” attribute in srcSchema root element tells the database structure update wizard to ignore this schema. The application is therefore prohibited from synchronizing the table, its columns and its indexes with the corresponding schema.
The schema must be populated with the view=“true” attribute on the <srcSchema> root element in order not to generate a table creation SQL script.

Adding to Amine's comment, This option is mainly used for referencing external tables. When you create a new schema, for 'Accessing data from an existing table or a SQL View' and for 'Access external data' (integrating external database such as snowflake), you can find view="true" auto-populated in srcSchema root element.

ParthaSarathy_0-1699876064939.png