Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Explanation of Breakdown of opens report for e-mail delivery

Level 1

I am looking for a simple explanation of the different categories in the Breakdown of opens e-mail delivery report, but can't find this documented or discussed anywhere. I would greatly appriciate is someone can point me in the right direction. 

My main goal is to understand what our actual share of iPhone users is (this is of course related to iOS15 and Apple's protection of e-mail activity). 

devices.jpg

iPhone: Can I trust this to be all iPhones, or is it just those who use Apple Mail? Does customers using the Gmail app on iPhone also fall into this category?

Proxy: From what I have read this will include iPhones where Apple has "protected" the  e-mail in iOS15 (by opening the e-mail by default). Is this correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @T_Rodshagen 

Rather than to look for the device used it is preferable to check the OSName

You can find the OSName by looking to the userAgent table linked to your tracking log. It is stored in the @OSName field. For the latest iOS it will appear as "iOS 15.3"

The value put in this field is computed by Adobe Campaign based on a list managed by Adobe (I think through the Deliverability workflow), so it may, or may not, be up to date and this is why you have a lot of unknown/empty field. 

Best regards

Damien

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @T_Rodshagen 

Rather than to look for the device used it is preferable to check the OSName

You can find the OSName by looking to the userAgent table linked to your tracking log. It is stored in the @OSName field. For the latest iOS it will appear as "iOS 15.3"

The value put in this field is computed by Adobe Campaign based on a list managed by Adobe (I think through the Deliverability workflow), so it may, or may not, be up to date and this is why you have a lot of unknown/empty field. 

Best regards

Damien