Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

Escaping string in XML queryDef

Community Advisor

I am working on a webapp and while trying to query the submitted name O'Reilly I get the following error message.

Element 'Reilly' unknown (see definition of schema 'Recipients (nms:recipient)'). XTK-170036 Unable to parse expression '[@firstName] = 'O'Reilly''. SOP-330011 Error while executing the method 'ExecuteQuery' of service 'xtk:queryDef'.

So I turned to documentation for escaping strings using

NL.XTK.toXTKString

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/technicalresources/api/p-8.html

NL.require('/nl/core/shared/xml.js');
NL.require('/nl/core/sql.js');
NL.require('/nl/core/shared/xtk.js');
NL.require('/nl/core/shared/js.js');

var firstName =  NL.XTK.toXTKString(ctx.recipient.@firstName);
var lastName =  NL.XTK.toXTKString(ctx.recipient.@lastName);
var email =  NL.XTK.toXTKString(ctx.recipient.@email);

var query = NLWS.xtkQueryDef.create({queryDef: {
  schema: "nms:recipient", operation: "getIfExists", // "get" does a SQL "LIMIT 1"
  select: { node: [{expr: "@id"}] }, // get  only
  where: { 
    condition: [
      {expr: "@email = '"+email+"'"}, // filter by email
      {expr: "@firstName = '"+firstName+"'"}, // and first name
      {expr: "@lastName = '"+lastName+"'"} // and last name
    ],
    orderBy: { node: [{expr:"@lastModified", sortDesc:"true"}] }, // ORDER BY lastModified DESC
  }
}});
var recipient = query.ExecuteQuery(); 

and I get the following error

Error: Cannot format to XTK string : invalid type 'undefined' or value 'David'S'
{anonymous}([object XML])@/nl/core/shared/xtk.js:375
{anonymous}("script")@_webApp_APP227__preview:280
{anonymous}("htmlPage2","")@/nl/core/formbase.js:378
_webApp_APP227__preview([object HttpServletRequest],[object HttpServletResponse])@_webApp_APP227__preview:887
<ctx lang="en" score="0" date="2021-08-09T20:11:41Z" _target="web" webApp-id="21658427" origin="neolane" _folderModel="nmsRecipient" activityHist="@c8veCskzvdsEGJfd3C+21B67VZlfCUJcwtGdklVYk5ZfMb8+mZDeCk3Iza7MQjHR8cuA4HJIS0x1+aq2+yPfqxKx4XrMdHscCvacbVN+YPzk5Eb2W+cT8I3/RZe2v5Mh2hKC+GcsU7wV7lhcMwVPsNgoPJh4rwPL/n3zo0z1wKo=">
  <userInfo datakitInDatabase="true" homeDir="" instanceLocale="en-GB" locale="en-GB" login="webapp" loginCS="Web applications agent (webapp)" loginId="3465" noConsoleCnx="true" orgUnitId="0" theme="" timezone="Europe/London" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="urn:xtk:session" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <login-right right="webapp"/>
    <login-right right="admin"/>
  </userInfo>
  <timezone current="Europe/London" changed="false"/>
  <activityHistory>
    <activity name="htmlPage2" type="htmlPage"/>
    <activity name="start" type="start"/>
  </activityHistory>
  <recipient firstName="David'S" lastName="Garcia-a" phone="20392039209" email="davidgarcia@test.com"/>
  <vars>
    <investment>100000</investment>
  </vars>
</ctx>

Doesnt work and so I turned to the following quick fix to escape* the single quote, however, I very much prefer to know why the above is not working, or if anyone else have a cleaner way of escaping strings using  acc libraries or js functions

<where>
          <condition boolOperator="AND" expr={"[@lastName] = '" + ctx.recipient.@lastName.toString().replace(/'/g, "\\'") +"'"} />
          <condition boolOperator="AND" expr={"[@email] = '" + ctx.recipient.@email.toString() +"'"} />
          <condition boolOperator="AND" expr={"[@firstName] = '" + ctx.recipient.@firstName.toString().replace(/'/g, "\\'") +"'"} />
        </where>    

x

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello David,

Please try below:

// Load library
NL.require('/nl/core/shared/js.js');

// sanitize ctx.recipient.@firstName
var firstName = NL.JS.escape(ctx.recipient.@firstName);

Hope this helps!

Administrator

Hi @david--garcia,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa