Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Download server files to my local system.

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement to send the delivery logs to my local computer.

Note:

We don't have access to SFTP access.

I have a query activity to extract delivery logs, and then I connected it with a data extraction activity to upload it to the server. Now I need to download the uploaded file to my local system. I'm expecting JavaScript code to process this request. Is there any way that I can get the files to be downloaded on my local system from a workflow? We are trying to achieve this is Adobe Campaign classic version 7. Thanks in advance.

Current flow:

QUERY >>> DATA EXTRACTION >>> JAVASCRIPT CODE?? >>> END

Regards,

Sujith Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sujith_02kumar,

There is no way of having a workflow export a file from the server to your local machine unless your machine itself is the server.

All you can do is trigger an email notification with that file as an attachment, but not recommend it due to security reasons and also because the file can be too large to attach in an email.

Regards,

Ishan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sujith_02kumar,

There is no way of having a workflow export a file from the server to your local machine unless your machine itself is the server.

All you can do is trigger an email notification with that file as an attachment, but not recommend it due to security reasons and also because the file can be too large to attach in an email.

Regards,

Ishan

Community Advisor

Hello @Sujith_02kumar,

if you do not have access to sftp or server. You san simply prepare the data with enrichment then do not connect to anything the outbound transition. Now when you run it you can access the data by right clicking on the transition and Display the target.

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1704350975531.png

Then you right click on the table and select export. Add any logic there and export it to your local device.

Marcel_Szimonisz_1-1704351066961.png

OR
you can publish the file as file resource and then simply click in your file resources folder and download it. You can read how to publish the files. BUT such file will become public resource and even after you delete it on your application server it will stay on the frontal servers. You would need to create some workflow to unpublish such files. In case you use midsourcing (frontals are hosted by adobe) then you need to ask adobe support how to proceed. We had come across similar issue still trying to solve it  

HINT: you will have after export the variable called vars.filename that will contain the exported file path, this you simply plug in to the script on page above

Marcel