Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

differece between seed address and proof

Level 3

Hi All,

Despite of reading so many articles m not able to understand the exact difference between seed address and proof..

can anyone please explain me in layman language-the exact difference

Also , seed address will receive the delivery after the campaign is sent and proof will receive the delivery before email sent

pelase help

@Denis_Bozonnet ,

@Kapil_Sharma_ 

@ParthaSarathy 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jefrii 

If I talk in layman terms, then i would say Proofs are the copy of the deliveries which is used to check the rendering of the email, contents and personalization. You use proofs to send it to yourself or clients for proofing your email. You can look here on how to send a proof.

Whereas Seed Addresses are the target list which is not included in the main target. Hence along with the main target they too receive the email when the campaign is launched. For instance, If you want to send email to a particular address but that address is not present in the main target which has been defined. So you can add that particular email address in your seed list and send them the emails too. Please refer the link for more information.

Thanks

Akshay

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jefrii 

If I talk in layman terms, then i would say Proofs are the copy of the deliveries which is used to check the rendering of the email, contents and personalization. You use proofs to send it to yourself or clients for proofing your email. You can look here on how to send a proof.

Whereas Seed Addresses are the target list which is not included in the main target. Hence along with the main target they too receive the email when the campaign is launched. For instance, If you want to send email to a particular address but that address is not present in the main target which has been defined. So you can add that particular email address in your seed list and send them the emails too. Please refer the link for more information.

Thanks

Akshay