Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Delivery template encoding issues

Community Advisor

Hell Dear Campaigners,
we have issues with encoding in the  delivery tempalates when using languages like arabic, chinese or japanese.

I encoded the files into utf-8 BOM (not sure why but adobe campagin could display characters correctly)
We send proofs open and close email couple of times and suddenly all characters turn into ???

It seems like there is some preprocessing running when opening a tempalte. I think I seen somewhere that you can turn this feature off but not sure if it is just me making it up.

Anyway any idea what is going on?

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1709652900639.png

Marcel Szimonisz

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Marcel_Szimonisz 

Did you try using the force encoding?

Manoj_Kumar__0-1709767924673.png

You can force the encoding for Arabic, Chinese and Japanese languages there.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

this did not do a change to the email delivered. We check the database encoding and will come back 

Marcel

Community Advisor

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_,

we have  Latin1_General_100_CI_AS set to MSSQL and this seems not to be covering chinese,arabic etc.

I could not find any recommendations what we should use.. I would go with UTF-8 -> LATIN1_GENERAL_100_CI_AS_SC_UTF8

Marcel

Community Advisor

Hello @Marcel_Szimonisz 

which version of MSSQL are you using? 

the latest version of MSSQL using _100 collation should support the special characters.

more info here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/sql/sql-server-2008-r2/ms143503(v=sql.105)

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn