Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Database connections, session timeout

Employee

Hi all

I want to ensure that the DB connections for inactive users are terminated after 30 mins of inactivity. There is a login user taking up a session almost every hour.
How can we check the number of db connections in ACC?
How can we check the user is inactive or not in ACC?
How can we achieve that DB connections for inactive users are terminated after 30 mins of inactivity in ACC?

Kindly help me out with this issue.

Thanks
Ashish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ashish,

- How can we check the number of db connections in ACC?

Ans: If you are using postgres, you can check postgres DB reports or run following query, for count of DB connections:

SELECT sum(numbackends) FROM pg_stat_database;

- How can we check the user is inactive or not in ACC?

Ans: You can check in logins.log when user last logged in. It is not possible to check whether the logged in user is active or not.

- How can we achieve that DB connections for inactive users are terminated after 30 mins of inactivity in ACC?

Ans: Session expiration doesn't work at Client console level in ACC. It only works for web client.

Thanks,

Deepika

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ashish,

- How can we check the number of db connections in ACC?

Ans: If you are using postgres, you can check postgres DB reports or run following query, for count of DB connections:

SELECT sum(numbackends) FROM pg_stat_database;

- How can we check the user is inactive or not in ACC?

Ans: You can check in logins.log when user last logged in. It is not possible to check whether the logged in user is active or not.

- How can we achieve that DB connections for inactive users are terminated after 30 mins of inactivity in ACC?

Ans: Session expiration doesn't work at Client console level in ACC. It only works for web client.

Thanks,

Deepika