Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Contact Date vs Last Modified

Level 3

What is the difference between contact date and last modified fields when you look at a specific delivery?  If I want to know if my workflow created a delivery for that day should I be looking at contact date or last modified?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, as Amit_Shinde said :

Contact Date : the date when the server starts the send of the delivery (can be scheduled in advance on delivery parameters)

Last Modified : as a lot of Campaign objects, is the date when the elements has been modified (i.e : the line on the table has been modified, with at least 1 column change). This date change during several time after the last message : the recipients activity lasts weeks (months ?) and new trackings appear (open, click etc.), so the delivery indicators are updated, impliyng a lastModified update.

If you want to know when your workflow created the delivery, you should look at the "@created" field, this is the real date of creation of a delivery (and a lot of other things in Campaign)

(beware : if you use the "continous delivery" mode, this won't be true)

Cedric

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Clarence_Bunch,

Contact date is the delivery start date & the last modified date changes when any column value updates for that delivery record.

If you want to know the delivery execution time then you should check the Contact date.

Thanks,
Amit

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, as Amit_Shinde said :

Contact Date : the date when the server starts the send of the delivery (can be scheduled in advance on delivery parameters)

Last Modified : as a lot of Campaign objects, is the date when the elements has been modified (i.e : the line on the table has been modified, with at least 1 column change). This date change during several time after the last message : the recipients activity lasts weeks (months ?) and new trackings appear (open, click etc.), so the delivery indicators are updated, impliyng a lastModified update.

If you want to know when your workflow created the delivery, you should look at the "@created" field, this is the real date of creation of a delivery (and a lot of other things in Campaign)

(beware : if you use the "continous delivery" mode, this won't be true)

Cedric