Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Compute SMS content length

Level 1

Hi,

I am looking to look for those SMS deliveries/delivery template through-out the AC instance where the content of the SMS exceeds 160 characters and I would want a list of all those campaigns exported.

I had a look at the delivery form and figured that while trying to preview any SMS delivery, it calculates the length and display the message if it exceeds more than 160 characters.

<container colcount="2" colspan="2" type="visibleGroup" visibleIf="[/tmp/sms/preview/@length] &gt; 160">

<static/>

<static img="xtk:logwarn.png" label=" " nolabel="true">The content for this recipient exceeds the maximum SMS size of 160 characters.</static>

</container>

How do I get access to [/tmp/sms/preview/@length] field via query activity so I can get the list of all SMS deliveries which has more than 160 chars??

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Anon,
I tried this and its working perfect

var qwe = xtk.queryDef.create(

<queryDef schema="nms:delivery" operation="select">

<select>

<node expr="@id"/>

<node expr="[content/sms/source]" alias="@content"/>

</select>

<where>

<condition expr="@id=157651363"/>

</where>

</queryDef>

);

var result= qwe.ExecuteQuery();

for each(var res in result){

var tempValue=res.@content.toXMLString(true).length;

logInfo('str'+tempValue);

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Use length([content/sms/source]) > 160.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Thanks Jon for your prompt response. Really appreciate it.

I tried using this expression for nms:delivery schema. However, it gave me this error:

25/02/2019 12:15:33 QUE-370015 The node of path '/contentDef/source' is not stored as an independent SQL field (document of type 'Deliveries (nms:delivery)'). Unable to use it as a filtering criteria in a query.

Here is how I used this expression:

1698263_pastedImage_1.png

Is there something I missed?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Right it's an xml field. From here it gets a bit messy:

1. Select that col into the temp table and filter on @id > 0 (gets whole table minus 0 row)
  2. Add a col to the output with just the value 0, there should be at least the content col and the 0 col in the temp table
  3. Use a js activity to read the temp table, updating the 0 col's value to 1 if (@content + '').length > 160
  4. Use a split activity to collect the 1's

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for your response.

I did try your suggestion, but unfortunately it's still not working . Here is what I did:

Added 2 columns. One with content of the SMS and one with value 0.

1704372_pastedImage_0.png

Here is how my JS looks like where I'm reading @content & @value from the temp table and try to logInfo "new value" which should print 1 in the workflow journal logs.

1704373_pastedImage_1.png

In workflow logs, it successfully prints value 0 which means it's reading successfully from the temp table.

1704374_pastedImage_2.png

When I run the workflow again, I expect the value 1 in the logs to be printed for all the records, but it doesn't do anything and fails with this error:

05/03/2019 17:38:03                Automatically resuming workflow (number of consecutive times: 2).

05/03/2019 17:37:03                Automatically resuming workflow (number of consecutive times: 1).

Could you please let me know if Anything I missed here?

Thanks

Community Advisor

You have to make explicit update calls to the temp table- easiest/most efficient way is by batching them with raw sql, e.g. sqlExec(‘update ‘ + var.targetSchema.replace(’:’, ‘’) + ‘ set ivalue=1 where id in (’ + ids.join(‘,’) + ‘)’). Also select the id col and not the blank col. Looks fine otherwise. Replace apostrophes if pasting not sure how to do normal ones on iPhone.

Level 1

Thanks very much Jon. Appreciate your help & prompt response.

I did try your suggestion and selected the @id column now and got rid of the other columns from <select> , but unfortunately it didn't work this time too. Here is my JS:

1705564_pastedImage_17.png

When I tried to log the length of the content logInfo('length is : ' + smsLen), it displayed 0 in there and not going in the "If" condition at all to update the 0's to 1's.

1705563_pastedImage_16.png

Could you please help ?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

You have to write the surrounding js for that statement. The ids array there is collected from the result loop, i.e. if ((res.@content + '').length > 160) ids.push(res.@id); then batched out afterward with slice() so as not to exceed query length limit.

Level 1

Thanks Jon for being patient with me so far. Really appreciate your help.

I've tried putting it into array and then slice it afterwards, It ran all fine this time. However, the iValue column is still not updated to 1.

1705844_pastedImage_1.png

The trouble here is -  This statement " if ((res.@content + '').length > 160)"  is resulting length zero (0), hence the complete if condition is not getting executed as its checking for > 160.  Is it because of  res.@content is not getting stored in query result variable as its an XML field?

Thanks.

Level 4

Cant you just use where Condition {"WHERE iId="+res.@id.toString()}

Level 1

Hi,

The problem is not with the update query at all. Its with this line((res.@content + '').length) which is not calculating length properly and is outputting zero (0) when I expect 160 or more. Hence, its not going in "IF" loop.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Anon,
I tried this and its working perfect

var qwe = xtk.queryDef.create(

<queryDef schema="nms:delivery" operation="select">

<select>

<node expr="@id"/>

<node expr="[content/sms/source]" alias="@content"/>

</select>

<where>

<condition expr="@id=157651363"/>