Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Change in Web and App server IPs

Level 2

If the IP's of web and app server changes, where to do have to update it in the adobe campaign classic v7(onprem mid deployment) configuration so that it keeps connected ?

i can see the web IPs in the deployment wizard in "Access from the Internet" tab under "Internal URLs of the frontal servers" section i believe this needs to be updated.

what are the other places this needs to be updated?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

Ideally this should be managed by the infra/network team.

However, here are some links that can be helpful:

Essencially, what you need to make sure is that <yournameserver> points to the correct IP.

For example:

You have 1 server named acprod on 172.1.1.2. 

If you change the ip server to 172.1.1.3, the DNS record that knows who is acprod, needs to be updated so that all the network still knows who is acprod. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @ash20 ,

normally, localhost:8080, is put there instead of IP, is that somehting you can do and try? 

Marcel Szimonisz

Level 2

Dear @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

I changed it to "LocalHost:8080" and tried to publish a web application and got the below error,

"RED-520028 The URL 'localhost:8080' of remote redirection server is not a valid URL."

I think here it should be the frontal server IPs.

Level 3

The port might be different. If you are using the same server to publish webapps you just need to add localhost (it goes to the default port 80). 

In case you're using another instance, the configuration would look like this:

jorgeferreira_0-1697532103908.png

(hence why I was mentioning the DNS records)

Level 2

Dear @jorgeferreira ,

i restored to the original setting from LocalHost:8080 

ash20_1-1697545539506.png

but now i see a different error 

"RED-520025 Communication failed with tracking server 'https://webappservers.local.network'. Please check that the server is started and check if the connection parameters defined in the deployment wizard (or directly in the options), are correct."

ash20_0-1697545445137.png

i saw same issue was resolved by resolved by restarting mid in other case, but i tried still getting same error 

Level 3

ash20,

Please note we are giving you examples of addresses. 
You need to know what is the URL of the webapp server you are trying to use. 

Level 3

can you ping the server by that URL? Also, if the port is different from 80 or 433, you must put it there

Level 3

I meant from the server you are trying to configure. They must be reachable by network. 

Level 3

Hi, 

As long as you keep DNS records up to date, you shouldn't have any issues. This means that the DNS server your company has, needs to update the IP of the servers as soon as possible (some downtime can happen).

Level 2

Dear @jorgeferreira ,

how can i get the records that needs to be update on the DNS ?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

Ideally this should be managed by the infra/network team.

However, here are some links that can be helpful:

Essencially, what you need to make sure is that <yournameserver> points to the correct IP.

For example:

You have 1 server named acprod on 172.1.1.2. 

If you change the ip server to 172.1.1.3, the DNS record that knows who is acprod, needs to be updated so that all the network still knows who is acprod. 

Administrator

Hi @ash20,

Was the given solution by @jorgeferreira helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa