Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can we extend already extended schema?

Level 2

Hi,

I have extended the nms:recipient schema to shl:recipient schema. Now I again want to extend the schema. So I am extending shl:recipient to xyz:recipient. I am able to do so but I am not able to see any data on data tab & the structure of schema. I am getting below error:

1796949_pastedImage_0.png

Is it allowed to extend the already extended schema? if yes, why I am getting the above error.

Your answer is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Darpan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Darpan,

Yes its possible to extend like this.

You are trying to check data from extended schema(xyz:recipient) that's why the error.

Kindly check nms: recipient data tab and from there you will have your extended columns from(xyz:recipient) and also data for the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Darpan,

Yes its possible to extend like this.

You are trying to check data from extended schema(xyz:recipient) that's why the error.

Kindly check nms: recipient data tab and from there you will have your extended columns from(xyz:recipient) and also data for the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil

Level 2

Hi Kapil,

I can see the data from beginning in nms:recipient. I was curious can we extend the extended schema.

So as I can say we can extend the extended schema but we cannot see data and structure tab.

any thoughts on this florentlb​ ?

Level 4

Hi Darpan,

You can extend an extended schema, but really i dont undersantd for what, you use extension to edit schemas that cant be edited, if you already have an extension of recipients means that you can edit the extension "shl".

Regards,

Badr.