Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can use JavaScript to set an expiration date for list updates?

Level 2

Hello.

Can use JavaScript to set an expiration date for list update activity?

I want to set when updating the workflow list without using Explorer.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can use the update data activity after the list creation to set the expiry date.

In case you want to have a computed label for your List,

1.you can store it in a instance variable first

2. set the label using instance variable.

3. set expiry date using a update data activity as per the following.

Debabrata_T_0-1614281183050.png

Thanks,

Deb

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes You can set this up. Just create a workflow that read list table and select list without expiration date and update them with a data update activity.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

@DavidKangniThank you for your reply. Does that mean selecting "Delete" for "Record identification"? I want to delete unnecessary lists after the scheduled time. Thank you.

Community Advisor

@uz2020

if you set up the expiration date, list will be automatically purge after the expiration date. Cleanup workflow will do it.

No need to set up a workflow for that

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

@DavidKangniThank you for your reply. My perception may be wrong or my explanation may be wrong. I want to set the expiration date of a list in a workflow, is that possible? Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can use the update data activity after the list creation to set the expiry date.

In case you want to have a computed label for your List,

1.you can store it in a instance variable first

2. set the label using instance variable.

3. set expiry date using a update data activity as per the following.

Debabrata_T_0-1614281183050.png

Thanks,

Deb

Level 2
@Deb_Tripathy Thank you for your reply! Sorry for the late confirmation. What is a "list calculation label"? Is it the "Internal Name" of list? Thank you.

Level 2

@Deb_Tripathy  Append:Is it the "Internal Name" of list? or If "explicitly specified" instead of "Create the list if necessary (comouted name)", does the identifer contain the list name? Thank you.

Community Advisor

Hi,

It was about the following. Not the internal Name but the computed label.

Deb121_0-1614676742148.png

Level 2
@Deb_Tripathy Thank you for your reply! I was able to set the expiration date. Thank you!

Level 2

@Deb_Tripathy @uz2020 I think I'm close but running into an issue. I have (1) query activity to pull some test recipients (2) List Update activity where I am defining an instance variable in the Advanced tab and then using that instance variable to define the Label in the List Update tab and (3) Update data activity to try to set the expiration date (this is where I'm getting an error). Screenshots below. Do you have any ideas on why this is failing? I tried checking the 'Create or use a list with its own table' in the 'List update' tab also, but it made no difference. Thank you in advance!

cmabruzzese0923_3-1679603613319.png

cmabruzzese0923_0-1679603311231.pngcmabruzzese0923_1-1679603327739.png

Log file from 'List Update' activity shows the computedLabel variable appears correctly.

cmabruzzese0923_2-1679603575641.png

'Update data' activity configuration (including logInfo in Advanced tab to confirm instance variable is seen in this activity also)

cmabruzzese0923_4-1679603678832.pngcmabruzzese0923_5-1679603711116.png

Error shown in Journal for the 'Update data' activity

cmabruzzese0923_6-1679603765929.png

Community Advisor

Can you try using nms:group instead of what you are using in "updated dimension" and run the workflow?

Deb_Tripathy_0-1681907926851.png

Thanks,

Deb

Level 2

Hi Deb, I selected what you have above and when it populates it in the Updated dimension it's the same as what you have above ("List of recipients"). Same error. Thanks, Cindy