Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Avoid parallel execution of workflow - OOB capability - Adobe Campaign

Level 4

Hello All,

I had a question on the behavior option present in advanced tab, for many task activities.

As mentioned in the document, it prevents parallel execution, while giving priority to the current task, but does it queue all the request and execute them, or the other tasks are discarded.

For Ex:

I have a External Signal, followed by a set of activities based on the data received in external signal. The process takes some time to completed, and it so happens that the external signal can be called multiple times > 100 during the completion of the previous activity.

I am aware that the external signal queue's up the request, but is there a way to process the rest of request one by one based on the request queued request ( OOB capability of Adobe Campaign ). 

Regards,

DG

dipendu_g_0-1679995017832.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @dipendu_g,

you may need to rething your design. Workflow cannot run in asynch. But you can run multiple workflows at a the same time. I used to spawn workflow from template with initial paramaters set to start activity. So simply the the signal job can be to spawn workflow in to folder with the rest of the activities you try to run.. then create daily clean up service. Or you can create queue managment by saving the request to database and then process them.

Why are you calling it > 100 times?

what does it do?

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Level 4

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz,

Actually, I don't want it to run parallely or async. In my case certain form submitted needs to go through a specific workflow. To post data/process to this workflow we are using the external signal which is triggered from the WebApp itself.

There are multiple forms, and multiple users may submit the form at a time within the span for few min/secs.

Regards,

DG

Community Advisor

Hello @dipendu_g ,

are you not able to process the form directly on the web app? what is preventing you from doing that?

Level 4

Hello @Marcel_Szimonisz

I can but there are many forms and every form will need to replicate the same steps. They are post processing logic, and common across all forms.

Regards,

DG

Community Advisor

Hello @dipendu_g,

I think i understand now

Behavior

This field lets you define the behavior to be applied for using asynchronous tasks. There are two possible options:

• Several tasks authorized: several tasks can be executed at once, even if the first one isn’t finished.
  • The current task has priority: tasks in progress take priority. As long as a task is in progress, no other task will be executed.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/advanced-ma...

I never seen multiple tasks executed at the same time maybe that is for someone else to explain if this works as per documentation or perhaps you need to run multiple workflow servers to have this enabled no idea

marcel

Administrator

Hi @dipendu_g,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa