Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign service as service account

Level 2

Hello Adobe Community,

Does adobe campaign support running the adobe service as service account instead of default system account by default? This is on windows. Any drawbacks?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Praveen,

I believe this is possible; the key is assuring that the privileges and access rights are configured to allow the needed access. If you have a test/stage environment, I recommend performing the change there and testing the instance. While I don't believe there are any side effects, I can't say for sure, given the number of Campaign versions, integrations, and modules.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Praveen,

I believe this is possible; the key is assuring that the privileges and access rights are configured to allow the needed access. If you have a test/stage environment, I recommend performing the change there and testing the instance. While I don't believe there are any side effects, I can't say for sure, given the number of Campaign versions, integrations, and modules.

Regards,

Craig

Level 2

Hi Craig,

Thank you! It does work. I have tested it with service account and system admin rights. I wanted to check if anyone knows if it is officially supported. 

The main use case is for gpg functionality to work on a hosted windows system. Application uses the system account to run any command line and don't know of a way to load a key to system account (default adobe service). Service account is a good workaround.

Thank you,
Praveen