Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic - Folder Structure Creation Using Database Script

Level 2

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement from one of the client in Hybrid (on-prem) where any new user will be onboarded,the Admin will run a "Database Script" to create folder structure. Fo example, input parameter of the "DB script" can be a name of a Bank or any Organization_Name. The sub-folder structure will be fixed for all other users. Please see the below example and it would be great if any one can help me with the "Database Script".

• Wells Fargo -- > (This name will change everytime and it will be taken as param for example to create the folder structure)
    • Administration
      • Access Management
        • Operators
        • Operator Group
        • Named Rights
      • Configuration
    • Campaign Management
      • Deliveries
      • Typology Management
        • Typologies
        • Typology Rules
      • Campaigns
      • Campaign Workflow
    • Profiles and Target
      • Seed Addresses
      • Recipients
      • Lists
    • Resources
      • Campaign Templates
      • XSL Stylesheets
      • Files Resources
      • Web Apps
      • Delivery Templates

Thanks and regards,

Kaustav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

You can use this code:

var rootLabel = 'Wells Fargo';

var prefix = 'wellsFargo';

var root = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: rootLabel, name: prefix+'Root', 'parent-id': 162522790}});

root.save();

logInfo('Root id', root.id);

// Admin

var admin = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Administration', name: prefix+'Administration', 'parent-id': root.id}});

admin.save();

// Campaign

var campaign = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Campaign Management', name: prefix+'CampaignMgt', 'parent-id': root.id}});

campaign.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsDelivery', label: 'Deliveries', name: prefix+'Deliveries', 'parent-id': campaign.id}})).save();

var typo = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Typology Management', name: prefix+'TypologyMgt', 'parent-id': campaign.id}});

typo.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsTypology', label: 'Typology', name: prefix+'Typology', 'parent-id': typo.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsTypologyRule', label: 'Typology Rules', name: prefix+'TypologyRules', 'parent-id': typo.id}})).save();

// Profiles

var profiles = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Profiles and Targets', name: prefix+'Profiles', 'parent-id': root.id}});

profiles.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsRecipient', label: 'Recipients', name: prefix+'Recipients', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsSeedList', label: 'Seed addresses', name: prefix+'Seeds', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsGroup', label: 'Lists', name: prefix+'Lists', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

// Resources

var res = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Resources', name: prefix+'Resources', 'parent-id': root.id}});

res.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkXslt', label: 'XSL Stylesheets', name: prefix+'Xsl', 'parent-id': res.id}})).save();

Replace XXX with the id of your desired parent folder. It's an int and it can be found in the folder advanced properties.

To dynamically generate the following structure:

20190701-121735-screenshot-4.jpg

Note: the "model" key in the JSON is used to automatically set all the default parameters. You may find the values for model in \datakit\nms\eng\package\folder.xml and core.xml (look for <entities schema="xtk:folder"> node)

Note 2: the "save()" method is intelligent, it will update the folders if they already exist, no need to delete them

Note 3: some schemas don't have a folder-id, such as XSL stylesheets, so every brand will be able to see other brands XSL. You may have to hardcode a filter in the advanced parameters > restriction.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

You can use this code:

var rootLabel = 'Wells Fargo';

var prefix = 'wellsFargo';

var root = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: rootLabel, name: prefix+'Root', 'parent-id': 162522790}});

root.save();

logInfo('Root id', root.id);

// Admin

var admin = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Administration', name: prefix+'Administration', 'parent-id': root.id}});

admin.save();

// Campaign

var campaign = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Campaign Management', name: prefix+'CampaignMgt', 'parent-id': root.id}});

campaign.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsDelivery', label: 'Deliveries', name: prefix+'Deliveries', 'parent-id': campaign.id}})).save();

var typo = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Typology Management', name: prefix+'TypologyMgt', 'parent-id': campaign.id}});

typo.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsTypology', label: 'Typology', name: prefix+'Typology', 'parent-id': typo.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsTypologyRule', label: 'Typology Rules', name: prefix+'TypologyRules', 'parent-id': typo.id}})).save();

// Profiles

var profiles = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Profiles and Targets', name: prefix+'Profiles', 'parent-id': root.id}});

profiles.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsRecipient', label: 'Recipients', name: prefix+'Recipients', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsSeedList', label: 'Seed addresses', name: prefix+'Seeds', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'nmsGroup', label: 'Lists', name: prefix+'Lists', 'parent-id': profiles.id}})).save();

// Resources

var res = NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkFolder', label: 'Resources', name: prefix+'Resources', 'parent-id': root.id}});

res.save();

(NLWS.xtkFolder.create({x:{model: 'xtkXslt', label: 'XSL Stylesheets', name: prefix+'Xsl', 'parent-id': res.id}})).save();

Replace XXX with the id of your desired parent folder. It's an int and it can be found in the folder advanced properties.

To dynamically generate the following structure:

20190701-121735-screenshot-4.jpg

Note: the "model" key in the JSON is used to automatically set all the default parameters. You may find the values for model in \datakit\nms\eng\package\folder.xml and core.xml (look for <entities schema="xtk:folder"> node)

Note 2: the "save()" method is intelligent, it will update the folders if they already exist, no need to delete them

Note 3: some schemas don't have a folder-id, such as XSL stylesheets, so every brand will be able to see other brands XSL. You may have to hardcode a filter in the advanced parameters > restriction.

Kind regards

Level 2

Thanks Florian for you quick help..!!

I will check the code and will let you know in case of any issues.

Level 6

Hi asariaaara​, per your email, you have to use this code in a JS activity in a workflow:

20190705-141139-screenshot-3.jpg

Regards

Level 4

Hi floriancourgey

Really appreciate your help.

Just wanted to know if workflow should be initiated by current account(mentioned in script) or can be done with any other account.

I ran with different account and there was no difference in folder structure of account mentioned in script.

@kaustavg32220862,

were you able to achieve this.

Regards

Level 2

Hi Assariarra,

I think we can execute this code using normal “admin” account.

iI didn’t get a chance since I am on leave.

@floriancourgey - correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Kaustav

Level 2

Hi Floriancourgey,

Can you please let me know how to get the [folder-id] of the main "Root" folder?

I am checking into xtk:folder schema but I am not able to get the same.

And when I am trying to see the details by checking the properties of the folder I am only getting the "List of subfolders".

Regards,

Kaustav

Level 2

Thanks Florian, but I have one more question. Is your code going to cover the permission also?

Level 2

And also, I need to put "0" as the parent_id if I have to create the tree structure under main root folder correct?

Level 2

Hi Floriancourgey,

I have executed the code but it created all the generic folders.Meaning "Administration" is not having proper "Admin" process folder. "Campaign Management" is also not having proper "process" folder.

Ideally it should create the proper process folder. Please refer the screenshot below: Is that something you can help along with proper access rights?

1787841_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Hi Floriancourgey,

Also find below the access rights for the folders.

Operator Groups

<<Folder Name>> as Input in the script(For e.g. – Wells Fargo)

Admin

Marketing Admin

Campaign Manager

Comments

Sub-Folders Tree Structure

Administration

Access Management

Operators

CRUD

CRU

R

Operators Groups

CRUD

CRU

R

Named rights

CRUD

CRU

R

Configuration

CRUD

CRU

R

Campaign Management

Deliveries

CRUD

CRU

CR

Typology Management

Typologies

CRUD

CRU

R

Typology rules

CRUD

CRU

R

Campaigns

Campaign WF

CRUD

CRU

CR

Profiles and Targets

Seed addresses

CRUD

CRU

R

Recipients

CRUD

CRU

R

Lists

CRUD

CRU

R

Resources

Campaign templates

CRUD

CRU

CR

XSL style sheets

CRUD

CRU

CR

File resources

CRUD

CRU

CR

Web apps

CRUD

CRU

CR

Delivery templates

CRUD

CRU

CR

Level 2

Hi Floriancourgey,

I have modified the Jaavscript to create the appropriate folder. The only thing I am stuck is to add "Access Rights/Permissions" to the folders baed on the Operator Groups.

Please refer the table mentioned above.

Regards,

Kaustav