Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Adding colour to a Javascript variable text in JS code in workflow

Level 4

Hi All,

I have a variable say "xyz" in javascript code in workflow and want to output colour to the variable text that starts with a bullet point. <style> tag soes not work in JS, How can I include colour to only the bullet point. example code is given below:

var xyz= "<style="font-size: 14px; color:#762A91;">•</style> Output text <br><br>";

Thank you,

Rutuja Kelkar

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Rut7 ,

How do you print this code? Is it with <%= xyz %>?

This will HTML encode your code, and also your variable is wrongly formatted, which should throw an error, as you need to escape double quotes.

To prevent it from escaping HTML, you need to use document.write I do not know if that works inside delivery. I am sure it works in webapp:

<%
var xyz= '<style="font-size: 14px; color:#762A91;">•</style> Output text <br><br>';
//i have replaced " with ' or you need to escape " with \" when the string is surrounded with ""
document.write(xyz); 
%>

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Rut7 ,

How do you print this code? Is it with <%= xyz %>?

This will HTML encode your code, and also your variable is wrongly formatted, which should throw an error, as you need to escape double quotes.

To prevent it from escaping HTML, you need to use document.write I do not know if that works inside delivery. I am sure it works in webapp:

<%
var xyz= '<style="font-size: 14px; color:#762A91;">•</style> Output text <br><br>';
//i have replaced " with ' or you need to escape " with \" when the string is surrounded with ""
document.write(xyz); 
%>

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Administrator

Hi @Rut7,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa