Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

ACC migration v7 to v8

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are working with a client who is working with v7 instance now and looking forward to upgrade to v8. We have also checked that the campaign license has ACC Managed Cloud Services offering. So I assume the lift will be done by Adobe itself, however, that makes me raise a few question about the migration approach:

a. Will Adobe perform the v8 instance set up, schema and all other set up migration into the v8 (from v7)? If no, then what will be Adobe's responsibility under the "ACC Managed Cloud Services offering"

b. Will Adobe lift the data (schema, custom forms, custom js, external accounts, and the data) from current v7 to v8?

c. Will there be any drop from v7 prod into v8 stage and then into v8 prod? When and how the validation take place?

d. Assuming v8 configuration will be a FFDA connection, how/when/who to make the decision of new data modelling (in v8 from v7)? It seems the js methods also need to be then replaced (for e.g.: from session.write to session.Ingest) - does it fall under Adobe's bucket?

I am looking for a full picture of the migration approach as we want to be prepared as we move into that direction.

Thanks & regards,

Supratim

@Denis_Bozonnet @costa_n11

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320 

Yes, Adobe can migrate the v7 hosted instance under the ACC managed services license.

Here is what Adobe will help with and what customers will have to take care of:

Manoj_Kumar__0-1701903751063.png

There are a few prerequisites for this migration like the stage instance of v7 should be a replica of the PROD instance of v7 which is not the case for most of the customers.

I would suggest reaching out to your Transition Manager to get a better understanding of the migration plans and timeline

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320 

Yes, Adobe can migrate the v7 hosted instance under the ACC managed services license.

Here is what Adobe will help with and what customers will have to take care of:

Manoj_Kumar__0-1701903751063.png

There are a few prerequisites for this migration like the stage instance of v7 should be a replica of the PROD instance of v7 which is not the case for most of the customers.

I would suggest reaching out to your Transition Manager to get a better understanding of the migration plans and timeline

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Thank you @Manoj_Kumar_ for the explanation. So for my own understanding:

a. schema, workflows and other objects (including custom objects) will be migrated by Adobe into v8

b. Hence, the data will also be moved by Adobe (recipient and other schema data) including system validation testing

c. Any conflict management will be done by the customer along with UAT planning and execution

d. Future configuration/customization to be handled by customer

One further question, requesting you to clarify:

I did not understand reasoning behind v7 stage as mentioned in prerequisite: "stage instance of v7 should be a replica of the PROD instance of v7"

Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320 

During this migration, the instance where you are migrating from will be down for several hours. This means if you are migrating directly from PROD v7 then it will be down and your client might not want that.

That is why the prerequisite is to make a replica in the stage instance.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Thank you @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Few more queies:

1. v8 is not supporting features such as - survey, MRM, coupons etc. What is the Adobe recommendations on handling such unsupported stuff?

2. As pk will be replaced by UUID in v8, hence all recipients, OOB tables, custom tables will be modified. When Adobe performs the migration, will the result in the v8 take care of all these? Or client needs to find solution for it? Who is responsible for data movements?

Community Advisor

Hello @supratim320 

I believe the majority of customers were not using Survey, MRM and Coupons modules and that is why they decided to deprecate these features. These features can be easily replicated within the workflow to support the use cases.

Customers will have to take care of all the customization made to the platform.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn