Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Writing cookies for onboarded users

Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to write cookies to users using DIL integration on our website via setting cookie destination on segment which contains users from onboarded trait under cross device type data source? Because we are unable to write cookies for such use case, however we have no problems to write cookies if we set up a same cookie destination on different segment containing rule-based trait under cookie type data source.

Are there any limitations for writing cookies using cookie destination ?

Thank you

Miroslav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello there,

A cookie destination returns and writes data to a cookie in the user's browser  only when user gets qualified for the mapped segment. Until and unless user gets qualified for the segment, it is not possible retrieve segment information.

For onboarded trait,we need to make sure that user data which is uploaded in audience manager are visiting the web site again, so that they can be part of real time segment population.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello there,

A cookie destination returns and writes data to a cookie in the user's browser  only when user gets qualified for the mapped segment. Until and unless user gets qualified for the segment, it is not possible retrieve segment information.

For onboarded trait,we need to make sure that user data which is uploaded in audience manager are visiting the web site again, so that they can be part of real time segment population.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 1

Hello,

yes of course you are right, we are aware of it and when we tested it, we made sure that we uploaded CRM data for particular customers on which we tested writing cookies afterwards. We also checked that those customers were at that time qualified for segment containing cookie destination setup via Visitor profile viewer.

Miroslav

Employee

Hi Miroslav,

I am not aware of any such limitation. I was wondering, If I can retest the segment qualification. Could you please open a ticket on  amsupport@adobe.com,so that we can investigate this issue further.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 1

Hi,

I opened ticket for this issue "[AAM] Writing cookies to customers via cookie destination [Incident: 191015-000032]".

Regards

Miroslav