Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

S2S Destination + Datasource Id (CRM ID) + ID Sync

Level 3

Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing good and health.

I'm trying to implement an use case that I don't really know if it's possible or if I'm missing something.

Let me give a quick overview.

I've created a new Datasource (based on Customer ID) to onboard data from the CRM. For the onboarding process I'm basically importing only CRM_ID  TRAIT_ID (ie):

1 "crm_user_user"="1"
2 "crm_user_user"="1"

The file is process fine:

rick_romero_0-1629260840704.png

We have Adobe Analytics on the Website and we have server-side forwarding in place - working fine, we have other destinations.

At Data Collection (Launch) we are doing the ID Sync once the user logs in, passing the integration code of the Onboarding Datasource (created above) and the logged CRM_ID for the ID Sync - our understanding it's that this ID Sync will map the AAM UUID with the CRM ID on this Datasource (right?).

We worked with Adobe TechOps and created a S2S Destinatios (User DPID segment export) - Already in place.

I've the Profile Merge Rules in place, using "Last Authenticated Profiles" + "Cross-Device Profile Options (Person from Onboarding Datasource)" + Device Profile.

But at the Destination we never get any match, we've test all possible combinations.

rick_romero_1-1629261168066.png

Am I missing anything here? Is it possible to execute this use case? (Import onboarding CRM ID, Sync AAM to CRM ID once it logs in on the website then export via S2S custom Destination)?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, that is possible to implement. I follow you.

I think the issue you are having is that you are onboarding 9 CRM records, and the onboarding status is showing that all 9 have No Matching AAM ID. This means Audience Manager cannot match these onboarded IDs to an existing CRM ID. Onboarded IDs can have this status when Audience Manager has not yet performed an ID sync or it still can't match the ID even after a sync.

Therefore I assume you are getting no volume of devices in your segments, not just that you are getting a 0% match rate with your destinations?

You will need people to log in on your site using the CRM IDs that have been onboarded for AAM to be able to sync those CRM IDs with device IDs, so that the device IDs can be brought in to the segment scope (and sent to destinations).

Do you follow me?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, that is possible to implement. I follow you.

I think the issue you are having is that you are onboarding 9 CRM records, and the onboarding status is showing that all 9 have No Matching AAM ID. This means Audience Manager cannot match these onboarded IDs to an existing CRM ID. Onboarded IDs can have this status when Audience Manager has not yet performed an ID sync or it still can't match the ID even after a sync.

Therefore I assume you are getting no volume of devices in your segments, not just that you are getting a 0% match rate with your destinations?

You will need people to log in on your site using the CRM IDs that have been onboarded for AAM to be able to sync those CRM IDs with device IDs, so that the device IDs can be brought in to the segment scope (and sent to destinations).

Do you follow me?

Level 3

I accidently click as accepted

Yes, it's exactly what I'm doing.

So the steps so far

1) I onboard the data to AAM

2) Users are logging in on the website and I'm doing the ID SYCN 

visitor.setCustomerIDs({
"case01crmid":{
"id": digitalData[0].visitorId.toString(),
"authState":Visitor.AuthState.AUTHENTICATED
}
});

The "case01crmid" it's the Datasource for onboarding.

It still not working.

Level 3

Ok, the ID sync may be working correctly, but are you sue it is the exact same ID values being used across both?

e.g. if you onboard my CRM ID, you need me to also come to site and login / sync

Level 3

Yes, 100%.

I already checked multiple times, it's a simple numeric ID (1,2,3,4). I did as simple as possible to make sure it's working. I even did a console.log to make sure it's passing the right value.

I also tried using Launch Set Customer IDs

rick_romero_0-1629288064779.png

rick_romero_1-1629288112327.png

@r-seabrook Did you do this integration before? Did it work for you?

I got confused if it's a bug, if is possible, or if I'm missing something.

A little frustrating

Cheers

Level 3

Yes we have it implemented in multiple instances. Pretty sure your issue is to do with the ID values you are onboarding not being found in AAM, but I don't know why. Can't help any further I am afraid.