Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ID Sync Issue

Level 4

Hi,

We came to know that there is no id sync placed on our logged-in site.  However, we have a data source that has cross-device as data type and we are still getting data on that data source.  There is no trace of DIL code on the site either.  Do any of you know how this might be possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

i agree, that is extremely strange. only possible thing I can think of is that the customer ID is being added to your events server side or by your tag manager

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

You may not have DIL code, but are you using the setCustomerID as part of ID service? That will fire the ID sync trait as well. Additionally, you may be onboarding c2c files that are triggering ID syncs. If you are using the AAM/Campaign integration, then you may be putting Id syncs as demdex.net calls in emails. If you're an AEP customer sharing segments from AEP > AAM using hashed email as an identifier, then those would trigger that as well. There's a few ways, but those are the ones I could think of right off the top of my head.

Level 4

Hi @dhwoolsey 

We are using setCustomerID as part of the ID service, however, we don't have audience module script enabled on the authenticated site.  Even if there is no audience module js, the ID sync would still work?

Thanks

Employee

Correct. When you do a setCustomerID, a call goes out to demdex.net with d_cid_ic parameter that includes the ID sync info. You'll also see the same values in your Analytics calls in the .cid namespace as well as in your Target calls. By removing the audience module, you simply removed the ability for AAM to respond to the Analytics call and drop cookie and URL destinations.

Level 3

if there is no customer ID sync on your site, then the customer ID volume must be coming from another site or app, or it is coming from offline data

to check for offline data, go to analytics > Onboarding status report (you need aam admin flag to access this report), then check the customer ID data source

to check which website / app could be the source, first check which of your traits are populating with customer ID volume (that should be the main clue). If that doesn't work you can go to audience data > signals, and do a search something like this:

d_cid_ic contains XXXXX

AND

c_pageurl

Where XXXX represents the integration code of the customer ID data source. This will then show you which urls are populating that data source. If that doesn't work, you can try with other common parameters (c_channel, app ID etc) until you work out the source. 

Level 4

Hi @rich_seabrook,

I was able to pull the page level information.  When I checked those pages, I am not seeing the ID being passed.  Not sure what I am missing here.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 3

i agree, that is extremely strange. only possible thing I can think of is that the customer ID is being added to your events server side or by your tag manager