Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How do I move a folder to an other folder?

pieterv140588
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am reorganizing my folder structure.

Therefore I want to move folders, containing traits or segments, to an other (new) folder.

How do I do this?

1 Accepted Solution
Rachit_Sachdev
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @pieterv140588 ,

You can move the traits/segments from one folder to another by editing the Trait/segment and choosing the new location of your Trait/segment.

rachit_sachdev_martech_0-1621587310823.png

rachit_sachdev_martech_1-1621587344721.png

Auto created Traits from Analytics will not be allowed to be changed as they are system generated.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rachit_Sachdev
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @pieterv140588 ,

You can move the traits/segments from one folder to another by editing the Trait/segment and choosing the new location of your Trait/segment.

rachit_sachdev_martech_0-1621587310823.png

rachit_sachdev_martech_1-1621587344721.png

Auto created Traits from Analytics will not be allowed to be changed as they are system generated.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

View solution in original post

r-seabrook
Level 2
Level 2
hi, you can use bulk tools to reorganise the folder structure (you can move whole folders themselves, as well as moving traits from one folder to another) https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/reference/bulk-management-tools/...
magnusflaaten2
Level 2
Level 2

Using BAAAM you just update by editing the parent folder and run an update. Only beneficial in a cost/benefit perspective to use BAAAM if you are aiming for moving a lot. Else it would be time efficient to just edit/move in the AAM UI.