Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extending UUIDCookie days to 365

Level 2

Hi guys,

One of my client want to extend the UUIDCookie duration from 30 days to 365, I am just worried about any potential risk on this action. Hope that anyone can provide any insight on this.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

Setting up custom aam_uuid cookie is optional. The value of demdex cookie and custom aam_uuid cookie will be same that is : AAM UUID. Demdex cookie has a TTL of 180 days, please check this doc : Audience Manager Cookies

I will check with the team if we can increase the value of custom aam_uuid cookie from the code implementation or not and get back to you.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

Setting up custom aam_uuid cookie is optional. The value of demdex cookie and custom aam_uuid cookie will be same that is : AAM UUID. Demdex cookie has a TTL of 180 days, please check this doc : Audience Manager Cookies

I will check with the team if we can increase the value of custom aam_uuid cookie from the code implementation or not and get back to you.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 10

Hi,

Were you able to find something relevant for your query here?

Gaurang

Level 2

Hello,

I have the same question, can we set up a TTL of 365?

Thanks.

Level 9

Hi Nick,

The demdex cookie which is default and is a third party domain cookie has a TTL of 180 days, since the value of demdex cookie and the aam_uuid cookie (first party domain) has the same value, so that should not exceed 180 days as well.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Hi Varun,

What about onboarded or any other traits in AAM? What is the maximum TTL that can be set up?

Thanks.