Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Working with Adobe Analytics Data Feed on data platforms

Level 2

I hope I can explain this issue clearly, so I can get some feedback if it is possible.

We are sending our Adobe Analytics data to a data platform. The important point here is that we have 3 servers/domains for every market that are tracked in the same Report Suite.

When I build a table in Workspace, and e.g. I check visits to country X on the 1st of August - I will see 150.000 visits. If I query the same data in the data platform (from Adobe Analytics feed), I will see 170.000 visits.

This is because Adobe knows that some visits are cross-platform, and counts them as 1 visit. However, using the data from the data feed, we just count unique values like this: 

count(distinct POST_VISID_LOW||POST_VISID_HIGH||VISIT_NUM||VISIT_START_TIME_GMT) AS Count_VISIT_ID

and ofc there are cases where some visits are double-counted.

Is there a way to avoid this? Maybe add some other information to the concatenated VISIT_ID? 

Thank you in advance,

Kate

3 Replies

Community Advisor

You need to filter down the result with the "user_server" column in the data feed.

Just like your case "I check visits to country X on the 1st of August - I will see 150.000 visits. If I query the same data in the data platform (from Adobe Analytics feed), I will see 170.000 visits". You should have a segment or virtual report suite (based on the segment as well) to get 150.00 visits, where you need to reapply the same logic when querying the data feed.

Level 2

Hi @leocwlau , thanks for your feedback. However, I am not sure that understood everything right.

Here is what I see in Adobe applying a respective country segment:

KaterynaOs_1-1723104414270.png

So, the right number of visits is 227.839, but the data from the feed will sound 250.026 (because it just sums up all the visits from each server). I want to find a way to get those 227.839 in the data platform (maybe by combining some visit ids, visitor ids, etc.). The question is what should I concatenate from the data feed variables (in addition to what we are already concatenating)?

Is it even possible to apply any segment when creating a feed? I did not see that option. 

Thanks again,

Kate

Community Advisor

Hi @KaterynaOs,

The image you showed indicates visits across different servers, so the sum of visits over three servers is larger than the visit on the date level.

What is the number of visits you got from querying the data feed? Is the workspace using the report suite directly, or a virtual report suite, and any segment on the panel?