Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Questions on Datastream device lookup config for AA

Level 5

Hi,

We are using AEP Mobile SDK React Native Edge Bridge extension to send data from our mobile app to Adobe Analytics. Since Edge is used, Data Stream is also configured.

We would like like to know, given our use case is AA only, do we need to turn on Geo/Network look up and Device Lookup?

As based on my understanding, AA has its own lookup mechanism based on IP address and User Agent.

Thanks,
John

3 Replies

Level 2

@Hey_John  Yes, you are right. Adobe have it's own mechanism to get the IP and user agent but if you want to send these values in datastreams as well than in that case you will need to enable them but for that also you should be having proper permissions since these are considered as Personal Information and can only be sent only after getting proper approval.

Level 5

Hi @AmanGu8 

Thansk for your reply.

There's no Person Information or PII involved as our use case is Adobe Analytics only. What we need to know is whether we still need the Data Stream lookup to be turned on, if we just use AA. There seems no documentation on this.

Currently, we have not turned on anything, and AA so far looks good, can see values in related dimensions like Cites, Mobile Device Type etc.

But would like to see if we are missing anything.

Thanks,

John

Level 2

Well if without enabling those options it is supporting your use case than I would suggest not to turn them on as you are using only AA.